A Penny pays off huge

•February 1, 2007 Largest Penny Jackpot Hit

A Nevada resident became a multi-millionaire yesterday afternoon when he hit on Penny Megabucks® at the Pahrump Nugget for $18,799,414, the largest penny slot jackpot ever won. The 66-year-old, who has chosen to remain anonymous, explained that he usually plays video poker, but somehow had an inkling to play Megabucks® for a change. "I put in $100 and after playing $44, I saw five eagles line up and thought I had won about $3,000," he said. "Then I looked up, and the large jackpot on top of the machine had switched from $18 million to $10 million. Then I knew I had won something big."
He said he'll pay off some bills and then take his wife on a long trip to Australia with his winnings.

Comments

• 427259% return on his $44 investment...not bad.
  • Buyin $100 to play penny slots. Those old folks are hardcore!

Biggest congratulations go out to his kids/grandkids.

/g2
  • Don't forget, it's all taxable in the USA!
  • Wonder if he played the other $56. or cashed it out?
  • My favorite part of these stories is that the winners invariably say that they pay off "some" bill. Not quite enough to pay off all your bills eh?
  • Don't forget, it's all taxable in the USA!

I know. how unfortunate.
  • Thats crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if that penny was lucky. What would I do with $18 million I would certainly buy a car then pay off some bills. A nice Rolls Royce would be so sweet if you knew it came off one measly penny.