Wow Hold'em really is popular?!

It's hit the big time.........that's right Windows Vista ~ Ultimate Edition comes with hold'em.......hopefully Bill Gates is in the game so we can all take his money!

"Exclusive to Windows Vista are Windows Ultimate Extras. These cutting-edge programs, innovative services, and unique publications provide a richer computing experience for Windows Vista Ultimate users. Windows Ultimate Extras currently available include:

Windows DreamScene, an Extra that enables you to use looped, full-motion video as your desktop wallpaper instead of a static image

Windows Hold’em, a poker game for players of all skill levels

Windows BitLocker Secure Online Key storage, where Ultimate users can store their BitLocker recovery password and Encrypting File System certificate on Windows Marketplace’s Digital Locker website for access to the key anytime, anyplace, and from any computer that has an Internet connection."

Comments

• Anyone who has this poker thingy kindly do a review..
    Also wondering if it's worth xtra $$$ to get this "Ultimate" version..
    Have been getting info that you gotta have upgraded hardware( graphics, RAM ,etc ) too to fully utilise "Ultimate.." editions
  • susu wrote: »
    Anyone who has this poker thingy kindly do a review..
    Also wondering if it's worth xtra $$$ to get this "Ultimate" version..
    Have been getting info that you gotta have upgraded hardware( graphics, RAM ,etc ) too to fully utilise "Ultimate.." editions

I honestly don't think you'll need much more to run the so called 'Ultimate' version of Vista...all I can suggest is pack as much ram in your machine as you can...also with OS's being designed to give the user a much better 'home entertainment' experience invest in decent video....the min requirements for ultimate are a 1Ghz processor and 1GB Ram, that says it all.

I'll be picking up a copy to 'play' with at work shortly so I'll let you know what the hold'em is like....as with anything Microsoft I don't expect much and I'd bet the AI will be brutal but it beats the F outta solitaire.
  • Then you will go and lock it out of the default image you put on all the new machines so all of your users can't access the games anyway. You IT guys are all alike ;)
  • Then you will go and lock it out of the default image you put on all the new machines so all of your users can't access the games anyway. You IT guys are all alike ;)

but of course :)

lol, no, as an IT Manager I'm pretty laid back when it comes to managing my users/systems, as long as the users don't abuse it they can pretty much do what they want....I've never liked the idea that, hey, I can check my sports scores, pools, etc in the morning over coffee but they can't? F-That brother, everyone needs a break now and then....mind you if I see inappropriate content then the hammer comes crashing down and...well, as Cartman says, 'They will respect my authoritay!!!!!!'