Stupid low limit plays I don't understand.

Maybe someone can shed some light on these plays. I see it all the time and it doesn't make sense in a cash game. It may have more validity in a tourney but I'm strictly talking cash game.

.5/1 NL

I"m first in and raise to 3.00 with QQ from MP and get 2 callers. Pot is now say 9.00 depending on rake etc. Check to me I bet 7. and the button re raises all in for something outrageous like 75-125. I usually consult my notes on this person to see what I think they have. A call usually results in them having AJ off a J 10 2 rainbow etc. Wouldn't a raise to 20 give them some of the same info?

I"m being very general here because this isn't a particular play but a style of play that I"ve noticed. It just doesn't seem to make any sense to me to re raise all in for 5 or 6 times the pot.

Comments

• your talking about it, so it must have had some sort of impact..hehe
  • At those low limits there is constant stupidity factor that you'll see players go all-in with large stacks (compared to the blind level) with A-J and pocket 10's. There is no logic or common sense to be had at those levels.

You see a player go all-in from UTG and get called from the button. The UTG player will have Aces and the button player something like A-10 or pocket Jacks.