Barrie Ontario

Gents, sorry to trouble you. Dave Scharf over on Team Cannuck Poker Forum said there were some people here from Barrie. I currently live in London England, but will be moving to Canada this summer. We have been doing a lot of digging on the internet and very much like the look of Barrie, should be over on a reccie during Easter. Wanted to know if any of you guys that might live in or near Barrie might know a Realtor i could meet up with when i come over.

If anyone knows someone please email me at eldred_73@hotmail.com

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• Hey forget Barrie, that's the NORTH country, too much snow and cold.. lol. Have a look around Milton, 20 min west of Pearson airport, rapidly growing community, lots of new homes and resales.... AND best of all, home to some of the finest poker in the World... lol... Home of the Milton Rocks.......
  • Milton? The armpit of the country?? Puleese! :)

Eldrechr, I responded to your post on Dave's board, but I'll do it there as well. There are some good players near the Barrie area...then there's AcidJoe (j/k Joe...feel the love, man) and Toronto is less then an hour's drive on the 400 highway.

If you like, I can try to find some realtors in the area for you for when you come over at Easter, and maybe I can get some of the regular players together and have a friendly game so you can get to know some of us.

WELCOME TO CANADA! Enjoy the snow. But always remember...we drink our beer COLD here!
  • compuease wrote: »
    home to some of the finest poker in the World... lol.......

Let me guess all that fine poker is to be had in your front room..

I appreciate the help gents, also a small possiblity is Oakville, a friend of mine living there at the moment and he loves it. However, ideally i would like something a bit more rural.

Right what are these CPF bucks and how come i only have 17!!!

Chris
  • Orangeville is a good place to live, and it is definately rural, and only 45mins to 1 hour to anywhere.
  • eldrechr wrote: »
    Right what are these CPF bucks and how come i only have 17!!!

Chris

CPF Bucks are awarded for every post you make here at pokerforum.ca You get 15 just for signing up. When you accumlate a certain amount, you can cash them in for cash on Supreme Poker site. There's a thread under General sectioni that explains it all.
  • eldrechr wrote: »
    Let me guess all that fine poker is to be had in your front room..

Chris
    My front room? lol naw... I don't even have a Poker table....
    Seriously though, Milton is much more rural than either Barrie or Oakville, and a lot closer to Toronto than Barrie, about the same distance as Oakville. I'm due north of Oakville about 20 min. I grew up there....
  • Actually Barrie is a great space and surprisingly there are lots of poker players there as well. I bought a house and will be moving to Barrie on March 1/07. I have already talked to some local pubs and will be running rake-free events there weekly. They will be run just like my club, professional dealers, chips, tables and service. My cell number is 416-670-2499 call me anytime, and yes I know a few realtors that could help you out big time. I got my house for $40000 under the listing price. He is great and always looks out for his clients.

Shane
  • if you are considering Richmond Hill or Thornhill, Wayne Kahn is the agent of choice. Check out his site for more details. He likely doesn't deal with Barrie though.

www.waynekahn.com
  • Hmmm, having grown up in Barrie and watching it grow my questions would be more around what you're looking for in a town?

Barrie use to have a descent economy, lots of jobs, etc...now if you don't commute to Toronto don't expect much...the towns dead now that everyone's commuting... although if you're a Windsurfer there's some awesome winds with minimal waves on the bay every day around 4:15 ish :) hahaha And windsurfing just becomes ice surfing during the winter months.

Barrie's a nice Cottage town but wouldn't want to live there anymore..Kitchener Waterloo is where its at (ROFL)
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    WELCOME TO CANADA! Enjoy the snow. But always remember...we drink our beer COLD here!

I've never been more ashamed to be Canadian.

Don't worry Chris, there are still a few of us that know how to properly enjoy a beer!

(PS. Welcome to the country)
  • Hello

POKER in Barrie.. woohoot close to home for me.. Would love to see more games, to bradford. Gotta love that. although We will still head out to kitchener waterloo anytime we can ... Since AcidJoe will be helpin you out with that.. I am in... Seeing as how I am da hoe and all :):)
  • Well I look forward to it as well and finally will have something going on in the north. Should be good times and Joe and I have some good plans. I am very much looking forward to this.

Also if anyone is from the north and wants more info, email myself or AcidJoe

Shane