Any Recap of GBH Jan 10 event?

Any recaps, planning to play in an upcomming one?

Does it really start at 10am? how're the blinds?

how's the payout? # of people?

Comments

• The monthly GBH tourneys usually start around 10-10:30. The blinds go up every 20 mins, and there are crazy unlimited $100 re-buys for the first three blinds levels and a $200 add-on after the first hour. It's capped at 110 players and pays out top 10 with first place averaging around 25K plus. The tournament usually last about 6-8 hrs.
    Any recaps, planning to play in an upcomming one?

Does it really start at 10am? how're the blinds?

how's the payout? # of people?
  • I see, so would you say it's bingo poker or?

IM-ON-TILT wrote: »
    The monthly GBH tourneys usually start around 10-10:30. The blinds go up every 20 mins, and there are crazy unlimited $100 re-buys for the first three blinds levels and a $200 add-on after the first hour. It's capped at 110 players and pays out top 10 with first place averaging around 25K plus. The tournament usually last about 6-8 hrs.
  • I see, so would you say it's bingo poker or?

You can definitely take some bad beats in the first hour. There is room to play with this structure.

As an add the structure is every 20 min, every hour you get a break and play the last structure for another 20 min. So in reality the blinds are every 30 min.
  • Since there are UNLIMITED rebuys and an add-on the first hour, you can play pretty much any ideal hands such as pocket pairs, any face combinations, etc. After the rebuys are done, you have to be more careful. I still like the 30min blind structure better at Windsor..not to mention its also a freezeout.
    I see, so would you say it's bingo poker or?
  • Yea definately like freezeout better, but GBH is like 40 mins from my home, i'm in markham so it's the easiest place to reach, i guess i'll have to try it once
    IM-ON-TILT wrote: »
    Since there are UNLIMITED rebuys and an add-on the first hour, you can play pretty much any ideal hands such as pocket pairs, any face combinations, etc. After the rebuys are done, you have to be more careful. I still like the 30min blind structure better at Windsor..not to mention its also a freezeout.