Disconnection abuse

This stuff pisses me off, I reported him right after.

***** Hand History for Game 5604797210 *****
$200 NL Texas Hold'em - Monday, January 22, 01:04:04 ET 2007
Table Jackpot #1304946 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 2: irenealexis ( $39.30 )
Seat 4: sialozemia ( $94.95 )
Seat 5: Gnalliah ( $378.07 )
Seat 3: VanillaAce ( $196 )
Seat 6: Mockinbrd ( $328.80 )
Seat 1: DoesK27apply ( $195 )
VanillaAce posts small blind [$1].
sialozemia posts big blind [$2].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to VanillaAce [ Kc Ks ]
>You have options at Table 128208 Table!.
Gnalliah raises [$6]
Mockinbrd calls [$6]
>You have options at Jackpot #1308066 (No DP) Table!.
DoesK27apply raises [$24]
irenealexis folds
VanillaAce calls [$23]
sialozemia folds
Gnalliah folds
Mockinbrd calls [$18]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6h, Kd, 4h ]
VanillaAce checks
Mockinbrd checks
DoesK27apply bets [$55]
>You have options at Jackpot #1308066 (No DP) Table!.
VanillaAce calls [$55]
Mockinbrd raises [$192]
DoesK27apply could not respond in time.(disconnected)
VanillaAce is all-In [$117]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6d ]
** Dealing River ** [ 5s ]
Mockinbrd shows [ 9h, 7h ]a pair of Sixes.
DoesK27apply shows [ Ac, As ]two pairs, Aces and Sixes.
VanillaAce shows [ Kc, Ks ]a full house, Kings full of Sixes.
The time at which hand ended:Jan 22 2007 01:05 ET
Mockinbrd wins $20 from side pot #2 with a pair of Sixes.
VanillaAce wins $234 from side pot #1 with a full house, Kings full of Sixes.
VanillaAce wins $241.50 from the main pot with a full house, Kings full of Sixes.

Comments

• LOL so what did he exactly do i dont understand...
  • Since he was "disconnected" he was considered allin at that point. That way the idiot (it that was his plan) did not have to fold nor see the hand to the end.

His hand was still in play.

Hope you got some satisfaction on your complaint.
  • Dear Christopher, We appreciate you taking the time to report situations of alleged Disconnect Protection abuse at PartyPoker.com. Starting with the hand # 5604797210 that you sent to us, we have performed an investigation that would allow us to examine thoroughly the account in question (DoesK27apply). We have looked into these players records and collected the previous hands in which this player used the Disconnect Protection. Our goal was to look for a pattern where the player usually disconnects in key moments. Some of the parameters we use when investigating possible protection abuse: * The player's cards at the time of disconnection. * The player's previous action (whether he was betting/raising) and also the actions of the other players at the time of disconnection. * The benefit obtained by a player disconnecting. * The timing of disconnection. * A player's pattern of disconnections. * Previous allegations made by other players and/or the system. Using the information listed above we have investigated the history of player (DoesK27apply) thoroughly and have found that along with the hand you reported, the player has shown some sign of disconnecting at key moments. Although that might seem suspicious, the player has in fact not disconnected more than what might be normal with an unstable internet connection and the hands in which he was reported by players or the system are borderline suspicious, at best. Nonetheless, we have recorded your complaint into the players account and will keep this investigation on file. In addition, our gaming experts will be monitoring this playerýs account. If the player does at any time show a pattern of abuse we will remove his protection. We have sent an email to the player informing him of the investigation and making him aware that his actions are being monitored. We thank you for taking the time to report your suspicions. Keeping the games honest is our highest priority. Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your account related questions and suggestions.
  • Sorry...not sure why the formating was lost from email to post.
  • sorry to ask a newbie question ... about this disconnect protection thingy
    So what if in this situation this player took too long to make his next move ..eg ..trying to read/consult others re this big raise ( granted he had a decent hand) and time ran out..before he acts... so does he save the $55 which he had betted on that round and
    does this affect the final pot for the eventual winner?
    seen these kind of play on tv televised games where the player will rather let the time run down than call the opponent's raise .. is this the same thing?
  • susu wrote: »
    sorry to ask a newbie question ... about this disconnect protection thingy
    So what if in this situation this player took too long to make his next move ..eg ..trying to read/consult others re this big raise ( granted he had a decent hand) and time ran out..before he acts... so does he save the $55 which he had betted on that round and
    does this affect the final pot for the eventual winner?
    seen these kind of play on tv televised games where the player will rather let the time run down than call the opponent's raise .. is this the same thing?

Not the same thing. In your example the hand is folded, but when playing on a table with disconnect protection you are considered to be allin and your hand plays with the $ you have in the pot. The sites can tell the difference between taking too long and a disconnect.
  • No. If you are timed out, you are folded. If you disconnect, intentionally or not, your bets are left on the table and you are eligible to win the portion of the pot that you have contributed to.
  • moose wrote: »
    No. If you are timed out, you are folded. If you disconnect, intentionally or not, your bets are left on the table and you are eligible to win the portion of the pot that you have contributed to.

On tribeca if you time out you're considered all in *IF* you have disconnect protection available. If that 1 disconnect protection is gone you are then folded and if your disconnected or fail to act again your folded.

It's best to consult with each poker room regarding their disconnect policy.
  • I Think we are missing the point here.....

vanilla_ice.jpg
  • cadillac wrote: »
    I Think we are missing the point here.....

vanilla_ice.jpg

nh sir, nh
  • Poker Stars response to the same problem-

Hello Brett,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. The integrity of
    our site and games are of utmost importance to us, and as such, we take
    any hint of unethical play extremely seriously. I have completed my
    investigation into the play of "Al_Gohti".

The first thing to do in such cases is look at the hand in question. We
    consider an all in to be suspicious if the user is facing action, or
    the prospect of action, with a medium strength or drawing hand. I would term this a somewhat suspicious all in.

With all in abuse cases, we look at *all* of a player's recent all in
    protection hands. Hands with all in protection can generally be
    classified into one of three categories:

1) Suspicious, where the player holds a medium strength or drawing
    hand, and is facing action or the likelihood of action

2) Neutral, where the player holds a hand of no value, and disconnects
    facing small action (the most common of these is to disconnect in the
    blinds preflop)

3) Unfavorable, where the player holds a hand that is clearly worth
    betting, and disconnects instead, costing him the chance to bet. This
    also includes hands where the player disconnects preflop and has his hand
    folded, or when facing no action post flop - without the likelihood of
    action from the remaining players

For all in abusers, we look for a pattern whereby the player's
    connection history shows almost all suspicious all in protections, a few neutrals, and essentially no unfavorable disconnections.

Based on the review, I can only conclude that this player is not
    abusing the all in privilege. I found hands that fell into all three categories
    that we look for. I will, however, place a note in his files so that
    if future all in usage is observed to be suspicious, there will be a
    record of your email for reference.

Thank you once again for bringing your concerns to our attention and we
    appreciate vigilant players who serve as extra eyes at our tables;
    although it does not appear this player is abusing the all in
    privileges, please do not hesitate to bring such concerns to us in the future.

Regards,

Dan C
    PokerStars Support Team

I completely disagree with your "findings". I have never seen a more blatant use of disconnect before. In both instances, he clearly disconnected so as not to have to fold to my bet or call and have to put more money in.

I totally disagree wiith your decision.

How many other complaints does this player have? I bet he has quite a few because he seemed so adept at it.

Hello Brett,

I am not able to discuss the details of the accounts of other players.
    However I can tell you that we have no reason to believe that this
    player is disconnecting intentionally. If we had any doubt, we would take
    further action.

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Regards,

Dan C
    PokerStars Support Team
  • Standard reply from Poker Stars, they NEVER find anything wrong with anything. I once reported collusion between 3 other players in a SNG when we were down to 4, the 3 were all from the same place, the chat log was blatant to the point of them telling each other what their hands were and what they were going to do bet wise. When I chimed in and called BS on them they said 'so what, we're going to take you out'. One even commented that two of them were in the same dorm room? Needles to say I got 4th and I got the exact reply from Stars?

Encouraging response from the OP tho, nice to see someone actually take action. I guess Lee Jones is too busy fixing the decks so the best hand gets rivered to actually look into these kinds of abuse.

:)