Techy question - left mouse button problems

left mouse button will not double click, quick launch menu collapses etc.

I am having left mouse button problems.

The button will not double click, I am unable to open quick launch buttons unless I right click and choice open and am having the same no click have to use the right mouse button issue with links in Internet explorer. Even dropdown and file menu's collapse immediately after being clicked rather than allowing a selection.

It had been suggested that this may have been a problem connected to using limewire and how it interacts with Java. The suggested solution was updating my Java installation. Updated the Java install with no change in mouse response.

I have also scanned the computer for viruses and malware that may be causing this and came up empty.

Any suggestions, even seemingly minor ones, that could steer me towards a solution are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve

Comments

• hockref wrote: »
    left mouse button will not double click, quick launch menu collapses etc.

I am having left mouse button problems.

The button will not double click, I am unable to open quick launch buttons unless I right click and choice open and am having the same no click have to use the right mouse button issue with links in Internet explorer. Even dropdown and file menu's collapse immediately after being clicked rather than allowing a selection.

It had been suggested that this may have been a problem connected to using limewire and how it interacts with Java. The suggested solution was updating my Java installation. Updated the Java install with no change in mouse response.

I have also scanned the computer for viruses and malware that may be causing this and came up empty.

Any suggestions, even seemingly minor ones, that could steer me towards a solution are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Steve

Try checking under "Control Panels" -> "Mouse" -> "Double Click Speed" and slow it down. That might help.
  • Does the same mouse work if attached to a different computer?

Does a different mouse work if attached to the same computer?

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    Does the same mouse work if attached to a different computer?

Does a different mouse work if attached to the same computer?

/g2

Ahhhh....the true tech response.......
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    Ahhhh....the true tech response.......
    LOL, I've been tech support for my friends and parents for years.

/g2