A Hand That COmpletely Baffled Me

Was finishing off a bonus with Omaha on Cryptos. I was not at the table long, but Migsys is an extreme nut peddler who is generally passive so his bet on the flop meant 2 pair or I assumed trips. He would have one of these hands about 100% of the time.

Wizz I had never seen before so I did not know his game at this point.

Table "Wanderers" Seat 5 is the button.
Seat 1: spree1234 ($37.35 in chips)
Seat 2: patu93 ($25 in chips)
Seat 3: wizzdumb ($30.90 in chips)
Seat 4: tjoooh ($28.04 in chips)
Seat 5: Qizbyt ($22.10 in chips)
Seat 6: daveyp ($23.95 in chips)
Seat 7: Nature123 ($16.50 in chips)
Seat 8: Migsys ($15.25 in chips)
Seat 9: LLJJ ($35.81 in chips)
Seat 10: zarazek ($15.15 in chips)
daveyp: posts small blind $0.15
Nature123: posts big blind $0.25
patu93: posts big blind $0.25
HOLE CARDS
dealt to Qizbyt [Ah 5c Ks Qh]
Migsys: calls $0.25
LLJJ: folds
zarazek: folds
spree1234: calls $0.25
patu93: checks
wizzdumb: calls $0.25
tjoooh: folds
Qizbyt: calls $0.25
daveyp: folds
Nature123: checks
FLOP
[Jd Tc 6s]
Nature123: checks
Migsys: bets $1.65
spree1234: folds
patu93: folds
wizzdumb: raises to $3.30
Qizbyt: calls $3.30
Nature123: folds
Migsys: calls $1.65
TURN
[Jd Tc 6s][Qs]
Migsys: checks
wizzdumb: checks
Qizbyt: bets $11.55
Migsys: calls $11.55
wizzdumb: calls $11.55
RIVER
[Jd Tc 6s Qs][Qc]
Migsys: bets $0.15 and is all-in
wizzdumb: raises to $15.80 and is all-in
Qizbyt: folds
Returned uncalled bets $15.65 to wizzdumb
SHOW DOWN
wizzdumb: shows [Jh 2c 7c 5s] (Two Pairs, Queens and Jacks, Ten high)
Migsys: shows [6h 3h Th Qd] (A Full House, Queens full of Tens)
Migsys collected $44.20 from Main pot

I normally raise this hand in that spot preflop but having just sat down I wanted to see what the few players I had not seen before were like (also avoids the limp reraise with AA play which is Migsys only trick.

The flop given my position I decided to just call the bet and the odd min raise but I would have gone all in if forced. I thought about shoving but figured I would be happy to see a turn card for that price, since I knew Migsy would not go anywhere even if I hit and I could let go of the hand if I missed (and he would bet pot with any card that missed me). Had no idea about Wizzie.

The turn was perfect so I bet pot , migsy called as he always does with 2 pairs (in this case 3 pairs) or trips even when they are likely very far behind. Wiz I had no idea what he had, I assumed not AK or else he would reraise.

The river stunk. I knew with complete certainty that migsy had me beat, so the main pot was lost. 100% he had a full house though I admit I was still going to call his 15 cent bet =O.

Then Wizz shoves to that bet. I only have $7 left , I know I have basically zero chance at the main pot. I took a minute to try to think of any hand I could somehow beat that does this bet in this situation with no sidepot, but could not think of one so folded.

When I saw his cards I was pretty stunned.

Within 20-30 hands it was apparent he was just a bad hyper aggressive player who did not know how to play the game, but the thing that got me was I am not sure even knowing this that I can make that call, when I also know I have zero chance at the main pot anyways.

I have chatted with a friend about this hand and it took me a while to even remember a similar situation in a tournament once where I saw a guy completely bluff on the river into a big pot (with 1 player all in) with no side pot and his 8 high did not beat the ace high the overjoyed all in player ended up winning. The guy who folded his low pair wasnt happy.

Even the concept of a collusion team play made zero sense here as the all in hand had the best hand already and that shove cant make a better hand fold. All it does is give a better hand more money.

I guess I was trying to think of any way possible I can make this call to win a heads up sidepot but I keep coming up with the dilemma that his play was just so bad it is impossible to put anyone on such a bad play, even if you know he is a horrid player.

Comments welcome (even those who would decalre this to be "standard" :P)

Comments

• Standard without reads, especially since you're only getting even money on a call. Clearly neither of your opponents has any clue what constitutes a reasonable starting hand though (or post-flop for that matter).