Feb 13th 10K guaranteed Tournament Sats..

Topflight Poker Club is holding a $350 Buy in tournament with 10K gauranteed on Feburary 16th. Its a high end club which is comfortable and safe for players. I know the owners so I have picked up 20 tickets and will be running Rake Free satellites for their tournament. If you are interested in playing in a satellite send me a PM and I will try and coordinate a date. The best dates for me to run these are probably a Thursday or Friday night and it would be in a private room of a bar in the Yonge and Eglinton area since I have all my poker gear (Tables/Chips) there already.

Satellite Info

70 dollars (top 2 get a tournament seat)
5000 chips
30 minute blinds.

As far as the main tournament I don't have any info other than the price and date but I will get that and post it. Knowing the owners I would think something along the lines of 5000 or 10000 in chips with 30 minute blinds.

Comments

• Send me some info.
  • Joe .. PM has been sent.

Have also replied to the others that inquired. I will in all likelihood run a satellite this Thursday at 8pm.
  • Non-bingo rake-free satellites are always a great idea, but unfortunately, I can't make it on Thursday nights. I also know the club owner, so I am willing to help organize another satellite. Depending on interest, it can be held on Friday night, February 3 in Mississauga or on Super Bowl Sunday afternoon in Brampton. Please PM me if you are interested.
  • PM Info please, thanks.
  • Please email me the main event details and prize/rake structure if you get ahold of it, not interested in staellites but myself and at least 1 other player may be interested in teh $350 evet.

Thanks
  • The rake-free satellite is on for tonight. As forum members BLAZING 72, Pokerjah and Animaux can attest to, it will be another very friendly home game, with free snacks and drinks. There will probably be a cash game or tournaments after, rake-free of course.

For joeheartsdi and anybody else interested in future rake-free games in Mississauga, be sure to introduce yourself to me in any forum-related events, such as the Pirana Poker Olympics, West Side or Royal Cup III.
    IM-ON-TILT wrote: »
    PM Info please, thanks.
  • Congratulations to forum member The_Game for winning the satellite. The host generously paid for a dealer, who used two decks of Copags to maximize the number of hands played. We continued to play sit-and-go tournaments, and when I finally left after 3 AM, people were still playing.

There will be more rake-free cash SNG tournaments on Friday, February 9 starting at around 7:30 PM. Anybody who has played with me before is welcome to PM me to register.
  • Does anyone have the main event details??

Thanks
  • The information I have is that it will be on February 16 at 8 PM. The buy-in is $350 with starting chips of 10,000. There is one optional $150 rebuy or add-on for another 10,000 chips up to the first four levels. Blinds go up every 25 minutes with antes starting after the first break. The Patience Factor is 9, with a high Skill Level of 5.
    LVpoker wrote: »
    Does anyone have the main event details??
  • Sorry been offline the last week or so, thanks for posting the info Blondfish.. The turnout should be good, the tournament was moved to the 16th as I suggested to the owner, I figure with the starting chips and blind structure it was be better on a Friday as most people work during the week and a tuesday tournament would be killler..

Anyways PM me if you want to get into the main event directly and I can meet you to drop off a ticket. The club will hold satellites next saturday but I will be holding a Brantford type satellite this Friday night at a private location on Yonge st just north of eglinton. Real Tables, Copag Cards, etc. if you need more info PM me I will reply to them later this evening. I am limiting it to a 2 table event so if you are planning to come let me know. There is no rake taken in the satellite with the exception of the 2nd dealer, I will be dealing table 1.
  • Voodoo what time is this happening? I am going to play.
  • Anyone have a starting time for this satellite. Voodoo hasn't responded to my PM's and it's too far to trek to sit around if I'm early.
  • Sorry Joe.. just got online and returned the PM's... They have a jazz thing going on there tonight and the noise (from past experience is loud) so unless I find an alternative location I will probably hold off, but I do know that Topflight is holding satellites tomorrow, I just don't know the details right now. I have text messaged them to find out and will post accordingly.
  • Just So Everything Is Clear... This Tournament Is On Friday The 16th... Gram, And I Will Be Hosting Satallites For This Event This Sunday Starting At 7:00 Pm. There Will Be 40 And 80 Dollar Satallites Running As Long As There Id Enough Demand, Were Already Expecting Several Tables So It Will Be A Fun Night. As Always Food And Drink Are Supplied. So Whoever Hasn't Been To This Club Yet Come Check It Out On Sunday It Is Definately One Of The Nicest Clubs Around.
    Satallites Will Also Be Held The Day Of Starting A Couple Hours Before The Actual Tourny. Anyone Who's Interested Or Needs More Info Plz Feel Free To Pm Me And Plz Include Your Phone Number So I Can Call You Because This Post Just Took 20 Min. To Post!!
  • Happy420, will your satellite structure be anything like Voodoo's? My friends and I are interested as long as it's not like the typical club satellites that are designed to finish in less than an hour. :( Please PM or post the satellite details.
    Happy420 wrote: »
    I Will Be Hosting Satallites For This Event This Sunday Starting At 7:00 Pm. There Will Be 40 And 80 Dollar Satallites Running
  • I was there last night and they are definately running satellite all evening tonight for anyone interested. Unfortunately I don't know what structure they are. I texted the guy running them to post here or maybe Happy can.
  • Satellites will be running from 5pm to tournament start time on Friday. I was told the sats would be 40 and 80 dollar ones. I would also guess that the satellite format would be something along the line of 1000 chips with 15 blinds but don't quote me on that.
  • I am interested in the satellites tonight, I tried PM'ing you but I haven't gotten a response. What is the main intersection for Topflight...

kt
  • Sent you an email with Carls number, he has all the details and can answer any questions you have.
  • The event was well organized and approximately 66-70 players participated and play was pretty good for the most part. Food and service was excellent.

As for me... I proved once again you can't pull all nighter then expect to play a tournament with no sleep, with that said I started off great and played the first 2 1/2 hours great. I bluffed at the right times, slowplayed, check raised and basically did what I do when I am going good and built my stack to 100,000 by the second break and was chip leader with about 30 or so left. But the break did me in (and the all nighter) and I completely ran out of steam and made every mistake you'd expect from a newb such as calling big raises out of position with weak hands etc etc etc. and so I donk'd off my chips and made the drive back to Newmarket for some much needed sleep.

Once they got down to 4 players I was told they each took 5500 and played for the rest. Top 6 paid out.