Bad beat or bad play ?

I was hangin around on a 25/50 c table and i felt my lucky hand :5h :6h
The result was terrible ... after a terible flop ....

badbeat1.png

Did i played wrong or was just another bad beat ??????

Comments

• razbet wrote: »
    Did i played wrong or was just another bad beat ??????
    Neither. 56s losing to 88 is hardly a bad beat.

I wouldn't mind the preflop raise, if you had position.

Definitely should have raised on the flop, especially considering you raised preflop. However, the result most likely would have been the same.

What hand history converter is this?

/g2
  • Ugly beat

Hard to get away from that one though
  • omgwtfbbq-39352.jpg

BTW, worst hand history software ever.
  • BBC is right...don't like the HH software you're using at all, but maybe it's just because I finally got used to reading the traditional printouts.

And BBQ's ROCK! ;)
  • It s from highrevpoker.com . But i made this print to see the cards better ... there s a normal version also ....
    Anyways ... so wasn t a bad beat ... the thing is he caught a 2 outer ... like always ... ???
  • 4 outer ;)

/g2
  • Indeed. Either 8 or the miracle 9d/4d would do it.

Yes, this is a bad beat, in the sense of the odds. The nice thing is this will not happen very often, and that guy should not have been in the hand at that point, but at the lower levels you see more of these sort of things since weaker hands stay around longer and more showdowns.

Jay
  • Irish31 wrote: »
    and that guy should not have been in the hand at that point
    Why not?

/g2
  • Ah I see he was low stacked. If their stacks were bigger, and the betting patterns were a bit different, I would hope the guy knew his over wasn't any good, if hes pushed all in on the turn.

Your not sticking around to hit a straight flush. So hes calling because he thinks he can river a straight? This is when the board is already paired and he may not bedrawing to the top straight even if he hits, or someone could already have one easily with a flop like that.
    Yes, this is a bad beat, in the sense of the odds. The nice thing is this will not happen very often,

Jay

True... 56 will not suckout on an overpair too often.

This isn't a bad beat, it's a bad raise, from out of position with a sub-standard hand. Did you get lucky to hit two pair? Yes... did you get luckier to hit the boat? Yes... did you get unlucky that he hit a 4 outer? Sure... if it makes you feel better.

Mark

--edit--

P.S. Your flat call on the flop probably suggested that you had over cards, maybe AdQ/K/J, so if I were to put you on that, I'd call the $4 bet thinking I may be ahead, I have 2 outs for the boat and two for the straight, and the implied odds aren't bad...
    Ah I see he was low stacked. If their stacks were bigger, and the betting patterns were a bit different, I would hope the guy knew his over wasn't any good, if hes pushed all in on the turn.

Your not sticking around to hit a straight flush. So hes calling because he thinks he can river a straight? This is when the board is already paired and he may not bedrawing to the top straight even if he hits, or someone could already have one easily with a flop like that.
    We are talking about the guy with pocket 8s right? He wasn't short-stacked. My point is, if I'm holding 8d8x on a board of 7d6d5d I'm not folding. Especially not on the turn to a bet of $4.50 into a $12.81 pot when I still have an overpair. It's the original raiser who is betting at this pot. If I were the guy with 88 I would put the raiser on AT BEST an overpair. More likely just overcards or maybe A7/A6/A5. On the turn I'm still beating A7/A5 and overcards. I wouldn't be thinking that my flush draw is good, but the straight would be. And the two extra straight flush outs never hurt.

So when exactly were you thinking the guy with 88 should fold?

/g2
  • So when exactly were you thinking the guy with 88 should fold?

Totally agree. Tough to call it a bad beat when you were behind on 3 of the 4 betting rounds. While that flop might look really nice, you're actually a 2:1 dog (9 flush outs + 6 straight outs, + 2 set outs, + 3 two pair outs = 20 outs, plus most blanks on the turn are going to give him 2 more two pair outs).
  • Unless im reading that hand history wrong, looks like he was fairly low in chips in comparison to the rest of the table.

It's obviously a bad beat in the sense of the odds, thats all i'm going to give the poster credit for.

If I was full stacked, so say 60$, as that would give me the second hightest total at the table, and I get pushed all in on the turn, I'm not calling that bet.

So, analyzing what this guy did aside, since there are several mistakes in my opinion, i'm not calling if that happens. I know it didn't, so maybe with the pot odds, its good for him even if he is very low % to river here.

I guess I have to keep the level of play and the chip stacks in relation to that as well, in mind. If you give odds to call, especially at low levels, your going to get called. If you do that, you'll be making alot more of these kinds of posts.
  • I think Irish is looking at the dude with AJ that had only like $3 or something

Otherwise.... still a bad play, and Scooby brings up a good point... you were statistically behind preflop, on the flop, and then the river.

Mark