Blue Water Classic

Pt. Edward is finally hosting another week long series of NL tournaments in March.

Just found out today and I called down and booked a seat in the Monday 5th of March event. $100+administration buy-in 140 players. He said it was almost SOLD-OUT

I played this one last year (was a rebuy then) and starting stacks were 2500t with 25-50 blinds at 30min intervals.

Guy I spoke with in the Poker Room said they are running $50 sats to the $500 events ever Tuesday at 6PM starting today. 2000t with 20 min blinds for $50. Pretty fair structure for 50 bucks!

I live just outside of London and If anyone is interested in making a trip on a Tuesday let me know. I would be real interested in a road trip!

Post or PM me if you are interested.

Caddy

Comments

• are they all rebuy tournaments?
  • cadillac wrote: »
    I played this one last year (was a rebuy then)
    = Freeze out Now!

Sorry about my lack of clarity :)

Monday $100 Freezeout
    Tuesday $200 Freezeout
    Wednesday $300 Freezeout
    Thursday - Friday - Saturday $500 Freezeout with final day on Sunday ($500 events are all one tournament. Each day will play down to X number of players left who will then go to the Sunday final)

This is my understanding of format anyway!

caddy
  • Anyone going to this?

I am tommorrow! Anyone going through London is welcome to carpool with me.
  • I'll be there today and tomorrow. Look for the guy with the blue striped shirt and kahki pants taking all the chips, or donking his off.
  • I took down 6th place last night in this tourney. Paid $780. I was pretty much short stacked the entire night, stole a lot of blinds and antes just to keep my head above water. No real interesting situations to report as I spent the majority of the night pushing all in (and hardly ever getting called) or folding. I was suprised to make it to 6th. One hand of note where I got completely lucky, folded to me in the small blind, I push all in and the big blind calls with A 10 off. I sheepishly turnover my 4 9 offsuit. I hit a 4 on the flop, turn is a brick and the river is a 10. I am about to stand up and leave when the big blind says flush. I look back at the board and there is 4 spades. The dealer had already put my cards in the muck. I asked him if I had a spade (I honestly didn't know, I didn't even see the four flush on the board). He pulls out my cards and yep, had the 9 of spades. Got lucky there.

Anyway, I will be playing again tonight in the $200. Anyone else coming down?
  • I'll be there on Friday night for the $500. Hope to see some familiar faces.
  • What's cash game action like at Point Edward. I'm planning on going Friday & Saturday.

Any bigger limits going on 40/80, 50/100??

Do cash games run around the clock?

Thanks for any info.
  • How are you guys finding the structure. It will be a bit more relaxed for the ME, but I'll take any info or advice I can.