Bad fold or bad read?

I'm pretty sure I made a huge error, please comment.

PokerStars Game #7804430293: Tournament #39894669, $1.00+$0.20 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2007/01/06 - 22:10:20 (ET)
Table '39894669 5' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: DA River (k) (5440 in chips)
Seat 2: ten_bone (895 in chips)
Seat 3: Eser1981 (3650 in chips)
Seat 5: GTFOOHAF (960 in chips)
Seat 6: Homerbuddy (2560 in chips)
Seat 7: mintyfresh63 (1365 in chips)
Seat 8: MDavies07 (1880 in chips)
Seat 9: dooms31 (2255 in chips)
DA River (k): posts small blind 15
ten_bone: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Homerbuddy [Qh Qc]
Eser1981: folds
GTFOOHAF: calls 30
Homerbuddy: raises 210 to 240
mintyfresh63: calls 240
MDavies07: folds
dooms31: folds
DA River (k): folds
ten_bone: folds
GTFOOHAF: calls 210
*** FLOP *** [9d Th 2s]
GTFOOHAF: checks
Homerbuddy: bets 570
mintyfresh63: raises 555 to 1125 and is all-in <
I thought somebody hit a set
GTFOOHAF: calls 720 and is all-in
Homerbuddy: folds
*** TURN *** [9d Th 2s] [9h]
*** RIVER *** [9d Th 2s 9h] [9c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
GTFOOHAF: shows [6d Td] (a full house, Nines full of Tens)
mintyfresh63: shows [Kd Ts] (a full house, Nines full of Tens)
GTFOOHAF collected 1388 from pot
mintyfresh63 collected 1387 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2775 | Rake 0
Board [9d Th 2s 9h 9c]
Seat 1: DA River (k) (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: ten_bone (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: Eser1981 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: GTFOOHAF showed [6d Td] and won (1388) with a full house, Nines full of Tens
Seat 6: Homerbuddy folded on the Flop
Seat 7: mintyfresh63 showed [Kd Ts] and won (1387) with a full house, Nines full of Tens
Seat 8: MDavies07 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: dooms31 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Comments

• Based on how much you have in the pot and the amount you have to call and your chip stack even if you lose to both players it is pretty much an auto call.

It could easily be an easy fold if the chip stacks were different, also the way these guys have played would be a pretty important factor in general.
  • I agree with Monteroy - based on the amount in the pot its an autocall for me.

2nd level of tourney is another consideration for me because even if you are right and someone has you beat, you still have enough chips to come back.
  • Early in the tourney....easy all-in! You should have pushed pre-flop anyway....i'm sure you would have gotten at least 3 callers...maybe 4! ..lol
  • johnnie... huge raise in EP. why? are you afraid to get sucked out? or are you looking to punish the donkeys? or did you get caught up in the holiday spirit?

what's your read on the playas? what kind of hands do they call you with many left to act AND OOP? apparently any 2...

without any reads, you have to call here. you close the action and know exactly what kind of odds you are getting. if i had to, i'd rate this as the nth worst fold ever, 2<=n<=9.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    PokerStars Game #7804430293: Tournament #39894669, $1.00+$0.20 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2007/01/06 - 22:10:20 (ET)

At this level, you have a ton of players who don't know anything, so an overpair on the flop is probably good and the fact that two people called before you act gets severely discounted in my mind.

Also, I don't have any qualms about making 'bust out candidate' moves early in a $1.
  • BBC and others are 100% right in my book. I don't fold QQ in $1 tourney unless the flop comes down AKx pretty much. When I play them I tend to bust with the dude that pushes with 8 9 off more than a smart player hitting a set with his 22 on the button.
  • If you are good enough to read when someones has a set vs your over pair in situations like that, come sit with me at 2/4$ damnit, you will come in handy!

All joking aside, I don't even remotely think or care about someone flopping a set, if they do, oh well, it happens once in awhile and you still have cards to come at this point.

You had too many chips in there and most of the players are donkeys, I will never give them credit for much until they showdown something nice to me.

J
  • At $1.00 level, no-one will put you on an overpair and top pr will be way overvalued (as you can see). If someone flops a set on a rainbow flop why would they push with one player to act behind them? Wouldn't they just smooth call, hoping to keep that 3rd player around?