Overpairs vs. TPTK

Couple hands:

A couple of hands (from the opposite ends):

Hand 1: SB is Semi-tight and passive(21/2/1 over 100 hands), UTG is bad loose (like limp every hand loose), but not much of a read beyond that since new to the table.

PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)
Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Ah, Th.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, 2 folds, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.
Flop: (11 SB) 2h, 4s, Tc (3 players)
SB bets, UTG calls, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, UTG folds, Hero calls.
Turn: (9 BB) 6d (2 players)
SB bets, Hero calls.
River: (11 BB) Ks (2 players)
SB bets, Hero calls.
Final Pot: 13 BB

Hand 2: Villain is a TAG (13/11/2.00 over 200 hands)

PokerRoom 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)
Preflop: Hero is Button with Qs, Qc.
2 folds, MP1 raises, 3 folds, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, MP1 calls.
Flop: (7.50 SB) Jd, 3h, 7s (2 players)
MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP1 raises, Hero 3-bets, MP1 calls.
Turn: (6.75 BB) 9h (2 players)
MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls.
River: (8.75 BB) Kc (2 players)
MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls.
Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Thoughts?

Hand 1 makes me throw up a little. And FWIW for some reason I had it in my head that the SB was much more aggressive than he really was (both pre and post flop). Gotta pay better attention when multitabling...

Hand 2 I'm OK with, but wonder how many prefer to flat call the flop CR and then raise the turn?

Comments

• Hand 1, if SB is TP and 3-bets, I'm tempted to fold, but I like the call looking for either an A or another heart to draw at. With that turn though, I fold.

Hand 2, I don't mind the play, and it really depends on your image. I probably raise the whole way, since I slow down so rarely I assume they'll notice a trap (although I keep forgetting they're not that observant). I'd assume you're good here, so flat-calling the flop shows some weakness and could induce a turn raise (and subsequent crying calls). However, this would only gain you 1/2 BB, so I prefer to stay the aggressor.