Pokerstars Sunday Million

How well have people here performed in this event before?

I won a couple satellites now so I'm gonna test the waters for the first time on Sunday.

Comments

• my best is 17th
  • my best is 17th
    That's not a bad payout
  • 49th, $1,700

I've only played one though.

P.S., I beat 1290 people in one tournament alone!
  • 299/5265 for a payout of $632.

Not bad for a $11 satellite investment.

I am currently trying to win a seat for today, $8R turbo. 60 seats up for grabs, 200 left.
  • MDSGuy wrote: »
    299/5265 for a payout of $632.

Not bad for a $11 satellite investment.

I am currently trying to win a seat for today, $8R turbo. 60 seats up for grabs, 200 left.

those are crapshoots, you just gotta sit tight and hope to double up once or twice after the rebuy period.
  • That they are. I have managed to avoid big confrontations, folded AK off to an all in raise preflop, if called and lost it would have crippled me to 1/4 BB, so I decided against it.

Sitting in 20th with 67 left. At least I made some money back. Only 7 more to go for a seat.
  • I made it, now hopefully my next post about this will be in the Ding Ding Ding thread.

Good luck to all who are playing!
  • Yeah the satellites are complete crapshoots. Especially the rebuys. Basically I try to like triple up before the first break, then double up once after and you sit tight on that. You gotta be so defensive after the rebuy period is over because even then people are playing with absolute garbage hands but can hit a draw and it's all over.
  • Back in August I made a final table in the Sunday million.

Made the final table with the chip lead but finished 5th.

36k payday.

I can't think of any good advice so I will just say get lucky.

Pkrooster
  • This is from a pretty long time ago, when the Stars Sunday tournament "only" had 1200 or so entrants... anyway, I finished 2nd and posted a ridiculous number of hands from the tournament. If you want some reading material to help you prepare, this should do the trick:

http://pokerforum.ca/showthread.php?t=510&page=3&highlight=Stars+%24215