- Booya SnG Challenge - $2k Anyone??

This seems like a pretty good bonus for those forum members that like SnGs. If you can happen to win 5 SnGs in a row, you are entitled to receive a $2,000 bonus! Pretty good considering it applies to any SnG over $1 + $0.10. Here are the other bonuses available for SnGs (ends Jan. 31st):

Win 3 consecutive STT’s in a row and receive a $20 Bonus

Win 4 consecutive STT’s in a row and receive a $200 Bonus

Win 5 consecutive STT’s in a row and receive a $2,000 bonus

Place 1st or 2nd in 5 consecutive STT’s and receive $100

If you are able to cash out in any of the bonuses noted above, I would be interested to know how many SnGs it took you to achieve the resulting bonus and what level you were playing at, etc. Don't recall ever winning 5 SnGs in a row but placing in the top 2 is probably feasible. For you hardcore online players, this should be walk in the park. For the full terms and conditions, see link below:

http://www.pokerforum.ca/showthread.php?p=104044#post104044

Comments

• During the Festive Frolics promo I won 3 $25 sngs in a row and finished 6th in a $1 :(
    Ok I was trying for an easy victory - the promo then required 4 in a row for $1000.
  • Great start, I started off 0 for 5. 3x $2, 1x$5, 1x$25.
  • started my quest last night: 1/1 in a $20 SnG; try to squeeze in another tonight (if the wife is in a good mood).... actually it was a 6 player tournament, so it didn't qualify... rats.... personally I hate the 9 player tournaments. Seem to rock the 6 player tournaments with in the money about 50% of the time.
  • Rats 1st, 1st, 4th, 1st
  • $25 - 1st
    $25 - 7th boo
    $25 - 1st
    $10 - 1st
    $25 - 1st yay $20 and going for $200 tomorrow or Tues.
  • Since you asked for numbers, I just updated my stats for Jan, so this what it took (to date):
    Entry Fees: $1496.5
    Avg Place 3.5
    Win $2223
    Net $726.5
    48.5% ROI
    52.8% ITM
    11 - 1st
    5 - 2nd
    4 - 3rd
    2 - 4th
    5 - 5th
    4 - 6th
    4 - 7th
    1 - 8th
    0 - 9th

Total 36 sngs

I spent $149.65 in tourney fees to win a $20 (so far) bonus. lol. Good promo. At least my rakeback mitigates that somewhat.

Btw I suck at any sngs other than the Tribeca extended time sngs. It is all I play on Tribeca, no ring there at all and no sngs anywhere else.

I played 505 sngs last year for a 16.1% ROI and 40.7% ITM but it took me a while to figure out my best success was on Tribeca. When I sort by site, at Tribeca I played 185 sngs for 25.3% ROI and 49.2% ITM.

In total I spent $10780 on sngs last year. When I look at the #'s it seems staggering. At 10% in tourney fees, that is $1078 approx in rake just on sngs. Thank god for rakeback.
  • I did some more number crunching and found out that the only other time I won 3 in a row was last Dec, as I posted above, trying for the $1k bonus.

I've done:
    five 3rd place finishes in a row once
    four ITM's three times
    four consecutive 1st or 2nds once, as part of a six tourney ITM run.

So I would say this promo is more difficult than I originally thought.
  • Maybe it's just me, but this type of bonus seems prone to collusion. Although maybe the site's actually fishing for colluders so they can seize their funds. Just my 2 cents.
  • Ok started an $11 sng on Tribeca Wed 10 pm.
    1st big hand raised with AJ flopped top pr. Player dumps allin for 2x the pot, I call the obvious draw and hold up. 2nd in chips.
    2nd big hand raised with AK flop top pr. 2 spades. Bet 2/3 pot, 1 caller, turn 3rd spade. Bet 1/4 pot, min raise - I fold.

You can rail from anywhere on Tribeca network - Doyle, Golden Palace, Booya etc. If you come by be careful what you say in the chat window.
  • moose wrote: »
    Ok started an $11 sng on Tribeca Wed 10 pm.
    Nice try Moose. Well played, bad luck :(