My biggest online win

I've just started online poker within the last couple weeks.

Here is my biggest win yet:

PokerStars Game #7735156812: Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/01/02 - 20:05:20 (ET)
Table 'Peneleos III' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: haugsrud ($99.50 in chips)
Seat 2: golorp ($90.45 in chips)
Seat 3: C_Toni ($101.60 in chips)
Seat 4: SqualesGU ($17.50 in chips)
Seat 6: leadman2 ($93.75 in chips)
C_Toni: posts small blind $0.50
SqualesGU: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to C_Toni [Ah As]
leadman2: calls $1
haugsrud: folds
SqualesGU said, "i used to play em, but my cash games have been ok lately so im sticking to it for a bit"
golorp: raises $3 to $4
C_Toni: raises $3 to $7
C_Toni said, "yea same"
SqualesGU: folds
leadman2: folds
golorp: raises $3 to $10
SqualesGU said, "gotta run, damn"
C_Toni: raises $40 to $50
golorp: calls $40
*** FLOP *** [5s Jd Td]
C_Toni: bets $51.60 and is all-in
golorp: calls $40.45 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [5s Jd Td] [2d]
madyank has returned
*** RIVER *** [5s Jd Td 2d] [4h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
C_Toni: shows [Ah As] (a pair of Aces)
golorp: mucks hand
C_Toni collected $180.90 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $182.90 | Rake $2
Board [5s Jd Td 2d 4h]
Seat 1: haugsrud folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: golorp (button) mucked [Ks Kc]
Seat 3: C_Toni (small blind) showed [Ah As] and won ($180.90) with a pair of Aces
Seat 4: SqualesGU (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: leadman2 folded before Flop

I had him on KK's, terrible luck for him but do you think he played that right?

Comments

• obviously not. his initial raise was fine but after your min-re-raise, he shoulda done more than a min-re-raise again. when you put half your stack in there, he shoulda known something was going on... after all, the third raise is 95% aces and the fourth one is 99.99% aces - or a low limit nl donk with 98s!
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    obviously not. his initial raise was fine but after your min-re-raise, he shoulda done more than a min-re-raise again. when you put half your stack in there, he shoulda known something was going on... after all, the third raise is 95% aces and the fourth one is 99.99% aces - or a low limit nl donk with 98s!
    Yeah, I'm a bit surprised that both of you were so conservative with the pre-flop raises at first. I think your opponent was just disgustingly unlucky. I don't see how anyone with KK, a relatively safe flop, and half his chips commited could have laid down his hand when you pushed (excluding the possibility of an amazingly accurate read). It's obviously apparent that you wouldn't be facing two pair. You would have a huge advantage on a straight or flush draw. There are only 3 likely hands that have you beat here; pocket 10's, pocket J's, pocket A's. That said, I probably wouldn't have even seen the flop without pushing all-in in that situation with either of those hands.
  • yea when ever there is the min raise pre flop i always get a little suspicious because usually the player with Aces or Kings want to see action on the flop while getting the pot big so they tend to re raise.

i think u played the hand well and nice pot
  • KK vs AA, you are dead usually........
  • Regardless of what happened there was no way the guy was going to fold Kings pre-flop. Yeh sometimes you get suspicious of some guy having aces. But you can't lay down kings unless you are sure the guy has kings. The hand played out they way it was supposed too. They both were all-in, although not pre-flop and the guy with the better hand won. I feel badly for the guy with kings but that is how poker happens. Sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't.