Correct the Flop Play

Although I took down this hand, I"m wondering if my flop play was the right move, or should I have raised? Low limit, and I'm playing tighter than usual, seeing as how there are about 6 to 8 to the flop most hands.

$0.50/$1 Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, January 02, 13:38:30 ET 2007
Table Jackpot #1305557 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 2: Dani2888 ( $20.63 )
Seat 3: bestmann2005 ( $52.76 )
Seat 5: Matzbach ( $52.88 )
Seat 8: thewave72 ( $20.25 )
Seat 9: RedStef ( $45.38 )
Seat 4: GoingGray ( $20.75 )
Seat 1: BlueBalti ( $30.49 )
Seat 10: konkordski ( $49.25 )
Seat 7: JulianDun ( $27.25 )
Seat 6: routt123 ( $10 )
JulianDun posts small blind [$0.25].
thewave72 posts big blind [$0.50].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to GoingGray [ Ks Jc ]
RedStef calls [$0.50]
konkordski folds
BlueBalti folds
Dani2888 folds
GoingGray raises [$1]
JulianDun folds
thewave72 calls [$0.50]
RedStef calls [$0.50]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ts, 9h, Qs ]
thewave72 bets [$0.50]
RedStef did not respond in time
RedStef folds
GoingGray calls [$0.50] as soon as I called, I thought I made a mistake
** Dealing Turn ** [ Js ] yep, mistake made...damn
thewave72 checks
GoingGray bets [$1]
thewave72 calls [$1]
** Dealing River ** [ 3s ]
thewave72 checks
GoingGray bets [$1]
thewave72 folds

Flopped the straight on the flop and I should have raised I think, considering I raised preflop. Comments appreciated.

Comments

• I definitely would have raised on the flop. You have the (current) nuts, and in LLHE people will pay you off with bottom pair, even with a coordinated board like this.

I'd even raise the turn. You're beat by a flush (somewhat likely - but you have the second nut flush redraw with your Ks), you're beat by AK (not likely considering no preflop raise by your opponent) you're chopping with another K (possible), and you're beating everything else.

EDIT: Just realized that you bet the turn and got called. No opportunity to raise. My bad! (but even more of a reason to get more money in on the flop).
  • i would of done exactly what you did. u had the nuts on the flop and you wanna try and get as much out of it as you can. you just got unlucky with the turn and that happens sometimes.

you still won the pot though so nh.
  • I hate slow playing in limit unless you flop a huge hand in a multiway pot that you can squeeze a couple of bets when betting doubles after the turn. You have the nuts, but it is a very draw heavy board. Definitely put in a raise on the flop.
  • Yup....start jamming the pot hard and hope he doesn't hit a flush or better straight.

Weird hand because he folds on the end? Makes me wonder what he had?

Called a raise pre-flop and bet out on the flop, check calls the turn when a straight/flush card comes and folds on the river?

Ace-rag with no spades?
  • I do not think you can be afraid of all the things that beat you. You end up with the 2nd nuts so I check/call the river. I would min-raise on the flop but with the Ks in your hand, you want them staying around.