Bad beats

I was playing micro-limit NL...
There were about 6 people called pre-flop, and I had a pair of A's, and this one guy goes all in. Ofcourse everybody else folded, but I figured that I had the best possible 2 cards you can ask for pre-flop and I call him.

He was absolutely bluffing, an unsuited 2 & 6. But ofcourse he ends up winning with a full house.

And then just a few hands later, I'm heads up against this other guy...I have already made a pair of Q's and all the other cards are low so I keep betting and he keeps calling. I'm sure he has nothing. The last card comes up as 5 of hearts, so I just raise a bigger amount, and to my surprise he calls and he ends up getting a flush with the river.

Thankfully I just lost about $5 with those 2 plays, but it was still frustrating.

Comments

• Gotta get used to it, it's going to happen ALL the time.

If you can't get used to them, and they unnerve you too much....get out of this game NOW while you still can.

Bad Beats happen.
  • Yeah that's true but I think I can handle it...I forget who said it, but they interviewed some professional poker player and he said that the reason why a lot of master chessplayers aren't good poker players is because they can't handle the luck element of losing.
  • I was playing a cash game at PokerStars a few days ago. NL Holdem, blinds pretty damn low, something like 5/10 cents or 10/25 cents.

I'm dealt K-10. A bit of betting goes on preflop, but most of the table is still in the hand when the flop comes down.

A-J-Q Two of them spades.

I don't have a single spade in my hand but I'm obviously ready to make a substantial bet on the high straight. One guy bets ahead of me, I raise, a third guy goes all-in, the other guy goes all-in as well. We've all got about $25 on the table. Now, it's a no-brainer for me to call, especially if they're BOTH chasing the flush.

Obviously, I lose to a spade on the river. $70 pot. :(
  • suck outs are so common in these LL NLHE online and I've (after playing thousands of hands on these chasing bonuses, ) come to realise that you have to "suck it up" and move on.
    That last example ..anyone one those guys could have 2 pairs, sets , or even strs like you do and at these limits I find very few people lay them down ..esp the europeans imo
  • Bad beats are like shits. Everyone takes one, and no one wants to hear about it.
  • ya bad beats all the time in low limit no limit. just move up to high limit no limit and your worries are over
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    Bad beats are like shits. Everyone takes one, and no one wants to hear about it.

That was me Wolf, thanks for the recognition.
    "cheers:

And Eclipse, you don't say what position you were in, or how much betting went on preflop, but if you weren't in position with all the betting going on, why are you playing KT in the first place?
  • MDSGuy wrote: »
    That was me Wolf, thanks for the recognition.
    "cheers:

And Eclipse, you don't say what position you were in, or how much betting went on preflop, but if you weren't in position with all the betting going on, why are you playing KT in the first place?
    To be entirely honest, I can't remember the specifics of every hand I play... no idea what position I was in. When I say there was betting going on before the flop, I don't mean that there was anything huge. The table didn't have a full 9 players on it either (maybe 5 or 6), so I felt pretty good with my hand.