How much money do you make in a year playing online poker?

How much money do you make in a year playing online poker?

Comments

• I find my on-line game to be weak and either I'm a losing player or just break-even player (which means I'm a losing player).

My live game is where I win, I find I can pick up tells more in live play then on-line.

Also for some reason I'm more prone to tilt when playing on-line.
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    My live game is where I win, I find I can pick up tells more in live play then on-line.

Chris...you and me...we have to talk!

Online I tend to gain very slowly. I'll go up for awhile, then go back down quickly. Overall, I'm earning, but not by very much. I haven't had to reload into any of my favourite sites for a year now, so that's a plus.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Chris...you and me...we have to talk!

Online I tend to gain very slowly. I'll go up for awhile, then go back down quickly. Overall, I'm earning, but not by very much. I haven't had to reload into any of my favourite sites for a year now, so that's a plus.

I'm in the same boat. I've made one lone deposit of $75 that I'm still using. So I guess I"m "up" but I wouldn't call myself a "winning" player online. Just treading water.
  • No offense, but this is a really pointless poll. 1 tourney win can dramatically change things, and this doesn't reflect a players limits or the amount of hours they play. This might be useful in conjunction with a series of polls (like hours/week, BB/100, tourney ROI/ITM, etc. - anybody want to set these up...) which would paint a more accurate picture, but on it's own, it doesn't really tell you anything valuable. It also assumes that players actually track themselves (which often isn't the case, even for forumer's).
    BigChrisEl wrote: »
    I find my on-line game to be weak and either I'm a losing player or just break-even player (which means I'm a losing player).
    Kudos Chris (seriously) - I didn't think anyone would vote "loser" since almost everyone I know is a winning player ;)

AJ - don't worry about earning - just make break! :p

Personally, in ring games I'm a big loser at FL (although I've recently tried it again after a 9 month break and am doing pretty well), I consistently win at NL/Stud/Razz/HORSE, and I break-even with Omaha. Tournies I bubble way too much (always deep with nothing to show for it), and have cost myself about 1/2 my profit playing them (although that knowledge still doesn't stop me :( ).
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    AJ - don't worry about earning - just make break!

Smart Ass! ;) We'll see who makes break at MXM tonight!
    Smart Ass! ;) We'll see who makes break at MXM tonight!
    It's a rebuy, so we both have a chance!
  • Pretty much break even on LL FL games.
    Made a bit on S&G < $20 buyin, but most of my winnings is coming from .50/$1 NL games.
  • It's all about dicipline with online poker. It can get addictive, so you have to play only when conditions are prime. Bank roll management is key as well. I deposited $50 in late Oct. It's been up to $275 at one point. Now it's back down to $64. I got a whack of FPPs tho. :P
  • For the first half of the year I made close to 3K playing online just before the WSOP (playing 5-6 tables of straight limit).....then dipped 1K in the next 3 months after that....then made around 4K playing in later half of the year just before I went to Vegas in November. Stopped playing all together online because the fish all swam away on Party Poker.

Then just jumped back and joined Fulltilt last weekend and made another 3K. Thanks to a tourney win and 2/4NL....now I plan to grind away at the 2/4NL game....anything higher is a waste of time...I don't like to have to think online, I just want to multitable and play percentages....

I much rather play live as I find this is a social game and I enjoy talking about the game and discussing strategies...not too mention live is where I can table talk my ass off and have a good time :)
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    It's a rebuy, so we both have a chance!

Well, Beanie, we now know what a BREAK is ;)
  • Over 100K for '07
    *hoping* :D
    Well, Beanie, we now know what a BREAK is ;)

A break is something you do when not playing poker Right? or is that work.....LOL
  • I've been getting killed lately in tournaments. Plus I'm not very good at poker in the first place...definitely a big loser online.
  • Debaser wrote: »
    I've been getting killed lately in tournaments. Plus I'm not very good at poker in the first place...definitely a big loser online.
    Finally an honest person, why can't the rest of us be? hehe...
  • I do ok live (i'm no superstar but if I'm honest in the last year I'm just above even)... but online I go on tilt like a madman. Dont know why. Really I play for fun, but I'd like to win more online! When the cards are coming I'm growing my bankroll (slowly) but when they're not I'm giving it away to whoever!
  • I play live only and only for snacks....

I'm up thirty two bags of Rolled Gold pretzel sticks and down a case and a half of ringolos, and 1 5-pack of Pringles?....so I guess I'm a winning player although I'm fat as hell?
  • Big E wrote: »
    I play live only and only for snacks....

I'm up thirty two bags of Rolled Gold pretzel sticks and down a case and a half of ringolos, and 1 5-pack of Pringles?....so I guess I'm a winning player although I'm fat as hell?

ahem...I guess your pokersnacks tracker doesn't include King Can losses on Leafs vs Bruins games.....

D

p.s. I can get you a deal on Rolled Gold Pretzels...and bottled water....
    (shameless plug that should clearly get put into the Advertising section).
  • Dave, when Eric says ALL IN!! he really means it
    When are you back into Poker circulation?
    Hope the business is going well!!

Milton Slim, back at the gym and grunting like crazy