How do you evaluate yourself

Bear with me.

People talking about hand histories and checking through "Poker Tracker". Could someone fill me in. I have a feeling that this could really help me but that I'm lost in the dark. Thanks

Comments

• Well, do you have pokertracker? Most players here use it.
  • Pokertracker is software that runs while you play online.

You can replay tournements, check certain HH and crunch numbers on each hand played.

PT is availible for $50, or you can earn it through Pokersourceonline.

Johnnie
  • I sorta ignore hand histories and Poker Tracker Poker Pro Labs stats because when I’m losing that's when I think back on the hands I lost money on, think about what I did differently and fix it. Poker, like in life, you learn from your mistakes. So anytime you lose 50 bucks at the 25 tables think about how it happened, if you're satisfied with your play (which you probably shouldn't be) then you're ok. But if you aren’t figure out what was different or wrong and fix it. You can try to apply yourself to a certain mold of aggression or tightness but it's all about correcting your post flop play.
  • when I’m losing that's when I think back on the hands I lost money on, think about what I did differently and fix it. Poker, like in life, you learn from your mistakes. So anytime you lose 50 bucks at the 25 tables think about how it happened, if you're satisfied with your play (which you probably shouldn't be) then you're ok.

Keep in mind that losing money (especially in the short term) doesn't necessarily correlate that you're playing badly. Similarly, just because you're winning doesn't mean you're playing well either. I guess it's human nature to question ourselves when we have problems, and pat ourselves on the back when things are easy. The reality is though, that we should continously be evaluating our play, both when running good and badly. And I'll admit, I'm probably bad when it comes to this as well...
  • noah wrote: »
    Poker, like in life, you learn from your mistakes. So anytime you lose 50 bucks at the 25 tables think about how it happened, if you're satisfied with your play (which you probably shouldn't be) then you're ok. But if you aren’t figure out what was different or wrong and fix it. You can try to apply yourself to a certain mold of aggression or tightness but it's all about correcting your post flop play.

I agree with Scooby's response to this....Losing 2 buy-ins at 25NL does not mean that you're playing poorly, you could play perfectly and drop 2 buy-is easily due to variance.

As well...to the OP...The fact that your PokerTracker link is a referral link for FTR is a thinly veiled spam attempt.

I suggest a ban.

Caddy