Neteller vs. Direct Depositing

What is the advantage of neteller over direct depositing??

Comments

• Not everywhere takes DD... so Neteller is "universal"

Mark
  • I think Neteller sucks when it comes to comissions ... sometimes they rip you off !!!:(
  • razbet wrote: »
    I think Neteller sucks when it comes to comissions ... sometimes they rip you off !!!:(

Care to back that statement up with some evidence?
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Care to back that statement up with some evidence?

Hell no!

That makes arguing MUCH more difficult

Mark
  • I made a few deposits with my credit card , and they charged me with 8% commission everytime ... isn it a little too much ?
    I was expecting something like 2-3 % ...???
  • With proper bankroll management Neteller cannot be beat. You will pay an exchange rate fee on your first deposit (make absolutely sure your neteller account is in US funds). After that, all of your transactions between poker rooms and neteller will have no cost.

When you have extra to withdraw you can have Neteller mail you a check for $2 and deposit into your bank if you have a US account or convert it at your bank (ie avoid neteller fee).

Some people have poker rooms mail them checks to save the $2 fee, though many will not allow you to simply deposit in order to cash out a check.

Using a credit card to deposit and reload frequently is a pretty horrific way of funding poker, unless its casual fun money.
  • Actually if you can wait the 3-4 days for them to verify, your first transfer from a chequing account to Neteller is free as are all future transfers between poker sites to Neteller to bank account, as long as you can wait a couple of days. (other than currency exchange rates and I always find them competative to banks). If you want instant transfers, that's where the fees come in. However if you need instant transfers you shouldn't be playing poker for real money.
  • Monteroy wrote: »
    Some people have poker rooms mail them checks to save the $2 fee, though many will not allow you to simply deposit in order to cash out a check.

I had a rebate on something come to me is us bucks..... it was $50 f'n dollars... my bank wanted to charge me $5 us dollars to cash the check. I told them to F off it's sick. Believe me neteller is the way to go. BTW I got my other bank to cash it free and deposit it to my account.
  • Neteller is definitely the way to go
    Had no hassle with em last 2 yrs
    i don't use "InstaCash" option so no extra fees.
    Waiting 2 to 3 days for money to go into my account is no big deal. ..beats waiting for a cheque.
    Pity those Americans ....some have lost the use of using this
  • susu wrote: »
    Pity those Americans ....some have lost the use of using this

Well, I won't be pitying Americans anytime soon...but losing the use of Neteller? I don't think that's completely correct. Neteller is used for a hell of alot more than just online gaming, and I can't see the American govt or Neteller themselves from prohibiting Americans from using this service entirely.
  • From what I've read in this thread, most people are saying that Neteller is good...but no one is really saying why it is better than direct depositing...
  • breakaway wrote: »
    From what I've read in this thread, most people are saying that Neteller is good...but no one is really saying why it is better than direct depositing...

Depends what you mean by direct deposit? Credit Card?
  • Yeah, when I say direct deposit, I mean credit card.
    Yeah, when I say direct deposit, I mean credit card.

Not all sites will let you deposit with a CC.
  • my bank wanted to charge me $5 us dollars to cash the check. I told them to F off it's sick. Believe me neteller is the way to go. BTW I got my other bank to cash it free and deposit it to my account.

My bank was really weird with me whenever I cashed a neteller cheque. They'd ask me if it was from an employer. I'd just say "No" without explaining where it came from since it's not thier business. I'd also get various required 'hold' times ranging from none to 30 days.

This was with TD.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    My bank was really weird with me whenever I cashed a neteller cheque. They'd ask me if it was from an employer. I'd just say "No" without explaining where it came from since it's not thier business. I'd also get various required 'hold' times ranging from none to 30 days.

This was with TD.

That's interesting... I deal with TD as well and made a significant cashout directly from Neteller to my bank a couple of weeks ago. Someone from the bank called me to inquire about it. No question, at least directly, as to where it came from. They were wondering if I had been expecting it? Wonder if this is something to do with money laundering concerns?
  • 200 Motels wrote: »
    Not all sites will let you deposit with a CC.

So that's the only disadvantage of direct depositing?
  • I think they're just desperate to sign people up for automatic depositing paycheques into accounts. Also, my situation is slightly different that most here, I keep all my gamblin' money in a USD-based account. The trade-off is that I have to go in person to do anything with it.
  • To get back on topic...

To the OP: Not only do some sites not take CC, but many sites offer neteller specific sign up bonuses.

And then there's the fact that most Credit cards now place a surcharge for any gaming or gambling sites.. I know when I first threw down some cash, it was about 16 bucks or somehting?

Mark
  • I have a Neteller Debit Card, no need for waiting for them to mail me a cheque. It's an instant (within an hour) transaction via online transfer from Neteller account to Neteller debit, then I go to any ABM and voila my cash is there. There is a $2 fee I believe.

The only drawback is that there is a max of $1000 per day.

And if you don't use InstaCash you really never have to pay until you cash out. That's not so bad is it?
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    And then there's the fact that most Credit cards now place a surcharge for any gaming or gambling sites.. I know when I first threw down some cash, it was about 16 bucks or somehting?
    Mark

Credit card companies can just give people $16 surcharges without letting you know!?
  • If you deposit into Neteller with a credit card, will the credit card charge you extra fees?
    Credit card companies can just give people $16 surcharges without letting you know!?

I'm pretty sure that credit card companies are allowed to sneak into your house at night, sleep with your wife, kick your dog, and piss on your favorite t-shirt without letting you know.

Mark

P.S. I think it's a recent thing that was added into the original agreement, and people were likely notified with a slip of paper included in their monthly bill that nobody reads.
  • Depositing with a credit card into a gaming site will likely be treated as a cash withdrawal against your card, incurring interest from the day you deposit.
  • BBC Z wrote: »

This was with TD.

I had no issues at all with depositing my Neteller cheque into my BMO $US account.
  • moose wrote: »
    Depositing with a credit card into a gaming site will likely be treated as a cash withdrawal against your card, incurring interest from the day you deposit.

So like a one time % charge of the deposit?
  • moose wrote: »
    I had no issues at all with depositing my Neteller cheque into my BMO $US account.

Well when you deposit a chq for a $1.00, no wonder........{sw}
    So like a one time % charge of the deposit?

No, like 18.5% annual or whatever your card charges.