Why do you need seperate bank account?

I read messages here that you should get a seperate bank account for netteller. What is the reason for that? And wouldn't that cost you extra fees to start a new account?

I also read that you shouldn't deposit money directly into Neteller because they charge interest or something, and that you should do it from the poker site?! Not sure if I read that correctly.

Comments

• My Neteller acount is linked directly to my personal bank account. I've had (nor heard of) no problems of any kind.

Yes, they charge a fee when you make a deposit. They need to make money, right? If I remember correctly, my deposit of $75 USD was $95 CDN, fees and exchange included. I think that was a fair price.

JohnnieH
  • I've never heard of the don't tie your primary account to Neteller. That's what I've done and no problems to report. I guess people are just being paranoid - it wouldn't hurt to have a seperate account, but it's not needed.

I haven't been charged fees for using it. If you can wait 4-5 business days for a deposit from your account to show up, it's free.

Neteller makes money from the action-holics that need money now, as you can get immediate money for the low, low surcharge of 10% or something.
  • I have a separate bank account which I use strictly for poker. All deposits to neteller or directly to from a poker site go through this account. I just find it easier to keep money straight this way along with ensuring nothing happens to my primary account which accounts for bank loans, rsp contributions bill payments etc.