KW - Game or Tourney?

Howdy,

I saw the Big tourney that I just missed, so I figured there are a couple of home games and tourneys in the area.

Up near Bridge/University,

I can host smaller games (lack of room) is there a regular tourney night in the area?

Thanks

redington

Comments

• I will be, weekly, starting mid-September, small buy-in NL tournies though, something like $5 or $10 buy-in. I have a group of 10 to 15 players who are interested in tournies, and I can also host some small stakes limit if there is enough interest.

I'm in Eastbridge, so that's pretty close to you.
  • I recently bought a house here in Kitchener and could host games if someone wanted to supply the chips and tables. Let me know and perhaps we could set up a weekly game/tourny. I'm near uptown Waterloo, near Grand River Hospital.

stp
  • What's up!

I go to the University of Waterloo and some of my flatmates and I have gotten 'into' poker during out first year. I'll be moving to Waterloo in Sep and we'll probably be hosting some 'tournament style' games (usually around $20 per person, winner takes all.) We have the chips and cards and I'm sure we could set up a game at either your place or my place. Keep in mind, though, that we're students and can't really afford to play 10/20 ring at this point. But if you're interested in a small home tourney I'm sure my flatmates as well as I would love to have all of you over.
  • I'd really like to set up a site for Waterloo poker and perhaps just bring a bunch of these games together. Zithal hosts some good tournies, and he has three tables so that's good for up to around 24 players I'd think. I have two decent sized tables, so I'm good for about 16. I have an idea for tournies that can accomodate players who like smaller buy-ins and bigger buy-ins (similar to the way online satellites work) that I'm still fine-tuning at this point.

Also, I'm up for hosting some small-stakes limit hold'em, anywhere from 1/2 to 3/6. I'm also a UW student, so I'm not rich either ;)
  • Hi guys....

I'd definately be interested when the time comes for any games/tourneys you guys set up in the KW area....I think popularity in the region is QUICKLY growing....my bankroll is limited as well....I don't have tables or chips to offer but what money I do have is yours for the taking!! My email address is jeffpagett@hotmail.com if you guys want to send out any further details..
  • Damn, I knew the KW area had a lot of players, but you guys are right in my backyard! I also live near Bridge and University (for those who don't know, about 5 minutes from UW). You can count me in for anything you guys set up. I'd especially be interested in a 1/2 or 2/4 limit game.

Later
  • I'll also be at UW in the fall and would be interested in the occasional game/tourney.
  • I'm at Laurier this year again, so it looks as though we could have our own WPT (Waterloo Poker Tour) ;)
  • Ok, so that being said it looks like there is alot of interest, yet very little implementation!

I would be willing to host a tourney, I have room in the garage for a couple of tables, but no tables and just 300 chips. Does someone want to get together on this? (Im building a table, dont think it will get done for a couple of weeks)

I would love to get a weekly game going, Fridays or Saturdays, tourney style with $10-20 buy in ($5 if the games go quick).

Whats everyone doing the long weekend? Maybe I can organize, and someone else host? Maybe we just get a simple game going?

Email me at flyfishr28(at)hotmail(dot)com
  • I'm sure I could round up a few tables if we could get Zithal or Sloth in on this and ask them to bring their chips. I only have 100 chips but I have a tonne of room here at my house, enough for 6 8-person tables likely. It sounds like we could at least have a two table tourny sometime in the near future. Let me know if you want it to be here or if you have any chips you can lend.

stp
  • We've already got a Waterloo Poker Tour going... this was after like 4 weeks or so, we decided to create a "mock" site for it: http://slantngo.u69.us/wpt/

They were only $5 buy-in tournaments hence the low money standings, and the competition was mediocre.

Enough room for 6 8-person tables?!? whoa. Now all we need are the tables. I'm out of town till Sept. 9th but I will be building a table when I get back.
  • Thats awesome. When is the next $5 WPT event? :)
  • Whoa you guys all sound like you want to play tomorrow or something! Second week of September is when I'll be back, patience :)
  • next WPT event is sunday tho! hahah i am the chief web designer :D
  • very nice. I'd be interested in WPT events for certain!
  • Sloth, you're gonna kick all our asses... but everyone's welcome. Think you could provide chips? ;)
  • I'd be interested in the WPT as well as a friend of mine. I have 500 in chips I could bring.
  • With the # of people who look to be interested, we might be needing that much room ;)

Okay, everyone go build folding poker tables! I am!
    stpboy wrote:
    I'm sure I could round up a few tables if we could get Zithal or Sloth in on this and ask them to bring their chips. I only have 100 chips but I have a tonne of room here at my house, enough for 6 8-person tables likely. It sounds like we could at least have a two table tourny sometime in the near future. Let me know if you want it to be here or if you have any chips you can lend.

stp
  • Watch out... with all these Waterloo math geeks hitting the cardrooms and home games, everyone else is in some serious trouble. :cool:

ScottyZ (BMath 97, MMath 03)
  • I have a couple of friends that would like to play this Sunday if you are willing to let us give you our money?

stp
  • I wanna play - I wanna play
  • I too would be interested in getting together now and then. I am always looking to play more then I should be. I would love to play Sunday, but that is my first tourney for the O.P.C. ( Our Poker Club ).
    Like to get into your next tourney though.
    I have an 8-man table (octagon) and I also have a couple thousand chips.

Keep me posted.
  • If anyone is interested? The poker club that I previously mentioned is a 40 person club. We play once a month for 6 months. ( our season ) The club is currently full but I may need a spare now and then when a person cannot make it. It is up to the individual to send a substitute, but if they cannot find someone I get someone for them.
    If anyone wants to be on the spare list, just let me know. I may need to call on you??
    Thanks
  • Oh yeah, the tourneys are in Cambridge. Right by all of you. :)
  • I'd be interested....is it the same game each month? If so, what is it? NL Hold em? What is the buy-in for each tourney? E-mail me at jeffpagett@hotmail.com if you would ever need a reserve player.....or if your club "expands"!!

Cheers!
  • Hey all!

I've been on vaction for the past week (I'll post a report later in the Off Topic section) and am working on a few events for the month of September.

First, on Wed. Sept 1st, I'm having a the $10 Bristol Street IX tournament. $10 entry with one $10 rebuy allowed in the first hour.

Toward the end of Sept., I'll be hosting Jour de Poker II, a $25 freeze-out tournament, that starts in the afternoon and should see enough play that the tournament should last a good 6-8 hours. I haven't set a date yet, but it will be one of the Saturday's near the end of the month, as I'm planning on having $5 satelittes throughout the month. (And if anyone would like to host satelittes also, I'd be happy to accomodate.)

I want it to start in the afternoon, so that when a chunk of the field is eliminated before supper, those that want to stick around can get a game or two going along side it.

In work, as something special for the end of the year will be my biggest tournament plan yet. I'm hoping to run a $100 freeze-out, multi-day, "World Series" style tournament. It's a big idea, and I'm working on the details of the format, so nothing official has been announced yet.

So, if anyone's intersted in Bristol Street IX, send me a PM and I'll add your name to the list. Player capacity for this tournament is 21 but I'm working to remove/greatly expand the capacity for the Jour de Poker.
  • Zithal, I'm currently on vacation too. I suggest sometime in the middle of September or so, I'd like to get all the "major heads", tournament directors, etc. from K/W, at least 6 or 10 of us, together, and find a way to co-ordinate all this. The Waterloo Poker Tour is currently a bit of a joke, but we have enough players in the city to seriously have a "tour", and I love your idea of having satellites to these higher buy-in tournys. How many of you have run tournys before?

I played at one of Zithal's tournys so I can vouch for the quality of his tournys, and I've been running small 1-table tournys, essentially sit-n-gos all summer.