First Hand Question

Game #2795299243: Hold'em NL (1/2) - 2006/12/15 - 21:35:08 (ET)
Table "Leilani" Seat 2 is the button.
Seat 1: Hefino (380.15 in chips)
Seat 2: BaldTaco (197 in chips)
Seat 3: fhaugeen (195 in chips)
Seat 4: __axel__ (162.25 in chips)
Seat 5: qqq_$$$ (245.25 in chips)
Seat 6: PAYmyLIFE (435.13 in chips)
fhaugeen: posts small blind 1
__axel__: posts big blind 2
HOLE CARDS
dealt to BaldTaco [Kd Ac]
qqq_$$$: folds
PAYmyLIFE: folds
Hefino: calls 2
BaldTaco: raises to 10
fhaugeen: folds
__axel__: folds
Hefino: calls 8
FLOP
[2h Kh 3d]
Hefino: bets 10
BaldTaco: calls 10
TURN
[2h Kh 3d][Qd]
Hefino: bets 20
BaldTaco: calls 20
RIVER
[2h Kh 3d Qd][Qs]
Hefino: bets 340.15 and is all-in

First hand I played at the table, absolutely no read on the villian at all. Just trying to play a small pot and he gets all frisky on the river. All I can beat is 2 hearts but thats pretty much what this looks like. vs an unknown is folding the play considering the pot is still pretty small when he shoves? Anyone like a turn raise/ fold to rr?

Comments

• Why the hell did you flat call on the flop? That gives you no information about what your opponent might be holding.

WHY THE HELL DID YOU FLAT CALL THE TURN?!?!?!

Considering how you have misplayed the hand so far, you probably should call the river overbet, just to be consistent.

You're right that all you can beat is two hearts, but you can't beat two hearts that include the Q of hearts.

I hope this is at a play money table.

/g2
  • my read was KQ preflop and I was setting a bear trap on the turn if a rag card fell. However, it was the Q. Which I ended up flat calling. I know my oppent puts me on a K why else would I just flat call, so maybe the overbet on the river wants me to call his 2 pair. This hand should have been mucked on the Turn, I was looking for an Ace on the river to get me out of this mess.