Poker on your TV

is there a way to connect the computer to your TV so you can play poker on the big screen? Can you set it up so the mouse will project on the TV screen as well (maybe cordless)? it would be great to be able to play online while on a treadmill, etc. Just wondering if anyone has this set-up.

Comments

• yes you can do this quite easily you need a graphics card with TV out and an s video cable common enough may have even come with the graphics card then just update your graphics card driver and software connect it up goto your graphics card software the option to switch it on is there then just tune your TV just like you would when installing a video recorder .
    PS the s video is the yellow connection found usually on front of your TV.
  • Hi PokerJAH,

Assuming your TV has the proper connection you simply use the same cord as you would hooking up a monitor to a computer (the name of the cord fails me atm). You then use your 'Source' button til you find PC or something similiar. Should be as simple as that.

I use this system all the time at school on our 50" Sony (can make the tables HUGE!) and the tv I have setup in our pokerroom has my old laptop* hooked up to it permantly (by old I mean...got a little tilty and punched out the screen).

I also suggest picking up a wireless mouse/keyboard combo so you can play from the couch, table, etc.

*If you are planning to use a laptop, you will need to read the manual of your specific brand to change the "output method" so it uses the TV as the monitor instead of your laptop screen (both can be used at once as well). On my Compaq it is hold FN and tap F4 to switch through monitors.