180 SNG on the bubble

19 people left and you've got the chip leader mucking it up almost every pot.

Seat 1: auctionguy (20133 in chips)
Seat 3: FrankyHoly (46428 in chips) <-- chip leader
Seat 5: BIGHOUSE9 (10415 in chips)
Seat 6: tgifitz (10323 in chips)
Seat 8: private68 (5125 in chips)
Seat 9: Acidjoe (10544 in chips)
auctionguy: posts the ante 50
FrankyHoly: posts the ante 50
BIGHOUSE9: posts the ante 50
tgifitz: posts the ante 50
private68: posts the ante 50
Acidjoe: posts the ante 50
auctionguy: posts small blind 300
FrankyHoly: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Acidjoe [Ah Qd]
BIGHOUSE9: folds
tgifitz: folds
private68: folds
Acidjoe: raises 1800 to 2400
auctionguy: folds
FrankyHoly: calls 1800
*** FLOP *** [4c 7h 5h]
FrankyHoly: checks
Acidjoe??

Do you bet and try and take this pot down? My read was the chip leader loved suited connectors so he may have some sort of draw here. I was in about 11th place at the time of this hand. Given the bubble should I have tightened up and not played?

Comments

• Pot size is 5700 at this point and you have about 8100 left after the preflop bet. Tough call at this point without knowing the makeup of the chip leader. Does he checkraise? If so take the free card. If not maybe a bet of 2000 to see where you are. If he calls proceed with caution and if he raises you dump. You're still left with 6100 (which is an M of about 9 I think at that point)
  • Pushing preflop is probably best here.
  • SirWatts wrote: »
    Pushing preflop is probably best here.

I think that was my biggest mistake.
  • I should say in general raising 3xBB is better to give them a chance to reraise you with a worse hand etc..., but in this case because of the bubble you don't really want to get in a big confrontation, and playing postflop will be very awkward since you'll be worried about bubbling (and the chipleader seems like the type to put you to the types of decisions you want to avoid here).
  • LOL I did get into a big confrontation. As I felt he was on the flush draw, I pushed. He went into the tank then called with 8 10 of hearts, giving him the gut shot and the flush draw. Turn I hit the A and the river was a 6 giving him the straight.

Thanks for your input voodoo and watts you've given me some thoughts as how to play this next time.