BCC Satellites

Best day to play as far as seat prizes is definitely Thursdays in my opinion. I have been up there a few times and Thursday was by far the busiest for the 10am Satellite. 42 players this past Thursday and there were 4 - $1500 seats and 1 - $1000 seat and 6th place was $200.

Play was fast and furious early on with multiple rebuys at every table 1 and 2 hands in but play for the most part settled down later on. I busted out just short of the final table after flopping a set and trying to price out a guy I knew was on a flush draw but he chased and caught it.

Heading up again next week if anyone plans on going let me know, wouldn't mind meeting fellow members.

Comments

• I agree, at least as far as this past Thursday was concerned.

I was also there, but could never get anything going. Only saw a high pocket pair once, and that was on my bust-out hand, where my pocket kings were called by 3 others. An Ace hit the flop, and I knew I was done.

Funny thing was, as card dead as I was for the tourney, the potential quadruple-up might have given me a faint ray of hope. But, it was not to be.

That's ok, since I almost immediately sat down at a brand new 20/40 table, and took down just over 2,000.00 in about 4 hours work. Kinda took my mind off not getting a seat at the satellite. :-)

macbb
  • Nice pickup at the 20/40 Macbb. I was at tourney table 10 where were you at?
  • Voodoo wrote: »
    Nice pickup at the 20/40 Macbb. I was at tourney table 10 where were you at?

For the Tourney? I was at Table 11.

macbb
  • Thanks for the information. Do they start right at 10 AM, and are latecomers allowed to join in? Has anybody gone on a Tuesday and know how many players there were?

While I will be playing at a home game satellite this Friday for the $500 tournament, I will probably go to BCC this week to play in this super-satellite.
    Voodoo wrote: »
    42 players this past Thursday and there were 4 - $1500 seats and 1 - $1000 seat and 6th place was $200.
  • They do start at 10:00 a.m., and no, you can't join in after the start. If there are seats available, they make a "final announcement" over the PA about 10 minutes before the start.

Best of luck!

macbb
  • BF.. Tuesdays usually have around 30 players max but that could get higher the closer the tournaments approach. The only way into the $1000 event is now through satellites as players can no longer buy straight into that event. That is what they announced last week.
  • All being well, I'll probably give this Friday morning's mult-table a shot.

Will probably wear my Sabres jersey (just got it, one of the third jerseys, Jason Pominville).

Oh, and I'll be at BCC tonight, playing, most likely, 20/40.

macbb
  • Made the final table of Friday's multi ...

36 started, and I finished 8th.

Close but no cigar ... will have to try again in a week or two.

macbb
  • When my friend went last Tuesday, there were around 30 players and he went out around 12th. I plan to play the multi-table sattellite either this Wednesday or Sunday.
  • Can anyone give me info for the Thursday tournament?

Time, entry..... time levels? etc.

Thanks,

Rob.
  • DM... I just PM'd you all the info.

Might head up there tomorrow as well depending on how much I play tonight, there is a Pokerstars Bahama satellite at a poker club in Toronto that I am playing.
  • How was the Bahamas satellite tournament? I was planning to play until something came up and it was too late to make it for the starting time.

I have unsuccesffuly tried to play in the BCC multi-table satellites a couple of times, but I will try again this week. Last time I went there on a weekend morning, the satellite sold out early. :'(
    Voodoo wrote: »
    Might head up there tomorrow as well depending on how much I play tonight, there is a Pokerstars Bahama satellite at a poker club in Toronto that I am playing.
  • It started a little late due to them running sub satellites past the 8pm start time but once things got under way it was well run. I was card dead most of the night but survived on resteals for the most part and busted out 13th. I heard that there was a 5 way chop for around 5K each.