My new monitor

My old 19" crt died Tues night, 1280x768 on my 17" just doesn't cut it for multitabling so Wed I ordered this one:

http://www.canadamonitors.com/dellfp1.html

Taxes, allin with delivery $406.98. It arrived today (hot damn that's less than 48 hours). I haven't even used the DVI cable yet and it is still great.

Comments

• A new monitor is our Boxing Day goal this year.

I'm still using the 1st one I ever owned. UPGRADE!!
  • I'm very jealous, nice screen.

I, like Johnnieh, am planning to pick up a nice big LCD at boxing day prices :)

Although the laptop is great for playing poker by the pool, 4 tables on a 15" laptop screen is not enjoyable.
  • you're gonna love it. I've had a 21" widescreen gateway for a year and it's awesome.
  • I got the similar monitor a couple of months ago...definitely beats my 12.1" laptop screen.
  • I think that's the monitor of choice for a lot of 2+2 multitablers. That's the one I came up with when I did a search on the net for the best monitor.
  • Yeah that's the standard poker player monitor, I have one myself and it's really nice. I've also seen the Dell 30" LCD though. That thing is such a monster it's insane.
  • Sweet, I'm using the LG 20.1" LCD's at work, simply amazing, you'll love it!

You really need two tho for true 8-table capabilities ;)
  • Was it a dell deal of the day special? I saw that 24" that was sooo tempting.
  • No these are refurb/off lease monitors. Check out the website.
  • I almost hate to do this but this is the one I got, LG makes an absolutely beautiful monitor and for $349.99 it is not refurb, it's brand new with a full 3 year SWAP warranty anywhere in Canada...any problems no sending away simply swap it for another! Sorry Rob and I truly mean no offense, I think you still got a great deal but refurb/used always scares me a little bit? I just think this is also one hell of a deal for a 20.1" LCD!!!!

http://http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10075693&catid=22335&logon=&langid=EN

I ordered a bunch of these for my Engineers using AutoCAD and Solid Works and they are extremely happy!
  • LG 20.1" Widescreen LCD Monitor (L204WT) - Future Shop Exclusive
    Our price: $349.99

FEATURES & SPECS
    COMPARE
    CUSTOMER REVIEWS
    RECOMMENDED ACCESSORIES

The LG L204WT 20.1" LCD Monitor has the premium performance and stylish design. A fast 5ms response time and an 2000:1 contrast ratio makes this 20.1" widescreen LCD excellent for gaming, graphic design, and multimedia applications. User who wants clear and accurate picture representation will enjoy this LG L204WT 20.1" widescreen LCD format. More Info

WebID: 10075693
    Mfr. Part Number: L204WT
    Monitor Type LCD
    Analog vs Digital Analog, Digital
    Brightness 300cd/m2
    Built in TV Tuner No
    Contrast Ratio 2000:1
    Maximum Resolution 1680 x 1050

Your link was no good so I assume this is the one. Note the max res. Useless for multitabling poker. You need 1600x1200 at least baby! (UXGA or UGA)

Plus it doesn't mention a DVI input.
  • moose wrote: »
    LG 20.1" Widescreen LCD Monitor (L204WT) - Future Shop Exclusive
    Our price: $349.99

Your link was no good so I assume this is the one. Note the max res. Useless for multitabling poker. You need 1600x1200 at least baby! (UXGA or UGA)

Plus it doesn't mention a DVI input.

That's the one, yes I agree you get the 1600x1200 on the Dell, both good options I think!!! (and the LG does have both analog and DVI inputs.)
  • Update!

I purchased a 19" Samsumg LCD monitor (1280 x 1024) for $179 at Factory Direct. The ad said "brand new" but when I opened the box the unit was sliver, not black and the Serial # on the back was blackout by a Sharpie.

Also the install CD appears to be a burned CDR, not a "real" disc from Samsung.
    I guess it's refurbished?

What should I do? This monitor is a HUGE upgrade from my old Compaq 13.8" CRT, and I"m willing to let sleeping dogs lie, and live with my new monitor.

Johnnie
  • take it back, johnnie. those guys are friggin crooks! a 'true' new one wouldn't cost that much more. give em hell and they might trade you up to a better one to keep you quiet...
  • Sorry Johnnie, factory direct will only exchange. They have your money now for good. I looked at their monitors too but they seemed very scary. I got at Future Shop the 19" Samsung widescreen for $200 that Factory direct sold "brand new" for $270. However I am taking it back because the screen res just didn't satisfy me. Sigh, back to the 17" CRT.
    Sorry Johnnie, factory direct will only exchange.

Yeah, I'm not shocked. The whole stroe seemed pretty shady. Lots of refurished computer hardware, cordless phones, and Karoke mackines.

I guess we'll gamble and see how it holds up.

Johnnie
  • Ordering another monitor soon.

Choice between a new Dell2007FP:
    http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=CADHS1&sku=320-4687
    which is $409 (on sale from $449)

10% off coupon:
    1)
    Subscription Email

or

www.canadamonitors.com has a price drop on the monitor I orginally ordered:

20.1" Dell 2001FP UltraSharp
    1600x1200 Fine 0.25 Pixel Pitch
    Large 20.1" Viewable.
    8 Bit(High-End) S-IPS LCD Panel
    Thin LCD Frame, Adjustable Height.
    Supports 15 pin, DVI Digital, Svideo,RCA(TV/DVD)
    Award Winning Model
    Supports PIP(Picture in Picture).
    </B>*HOT* Only $319 *JUST IN*
  • Woot! I decided to go for the brand new Dell 2007FP. Realized that the $409 was a sale price (from $449). Decided to go for broke and see if I could stack 10% on top of that. But my coupon from the email link above hadn't arrived yet.

Called Dell and told them I wanted to order it today. Could I get 10% off? The CSR called me back 15 minutes later and offered me $375, including shipping. Taxes allin $427.50. Ships in 4-5 days.
  • www.dfsdirect.ca

Enter code 15% for 15% off all off-lease equipment.
    My Dell 2001FP monitor is only $219, plus the 15% off. Man if only I could run 3 monitors off my desktop. Such a SICK deal.
    www.dfsdirect.com

Enter code 15% for 15% off all off-lease equipment.
    My Dell 2001FP monitor is only $219, plus the 15% off. Man if only I could run 3 monitors off my desktop. Such a SICK deal.

that web site looks like a parked domain. I don't see any deals there.
  • Oops...

dfsdirect.CA
  • It looks like those deals are gone damn.

It also looks like the 2007FP has replaced your unit at about 439 and 3 weeks delivery straight form dell. I was looking at Acer widescreens but their resolution didn't impress me. Time to keep looking I guess.
  • I've got one of each. See posts 19 and 20. canadamonitors.com still has the 2001FP for $319.

In their bundles, here is a sweet poker setup:

3.2Ghz Dell Dual 20.1" LCDs Bundle
    37017w12hp.jpg
    div_productlisting.jpg

$879.00

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]3.2Ghz- Intel Pentium 4[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] - HyperThreading[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Dell GX270 Mini-tower[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]1.0GB Ram, 80.0GB Hard Drive[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]CD-Rom Drive,Gigabit Network/Ethernet Sound.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]8 USB 2.0 ports. Stealth black case.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]128MB Nvidia FX1000 AGP Dual DVI(display 2 LCDs at once)[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Windows XP Pro COA/Installed.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

* Includes: Dual 20.1" HP L2035 LCD/Flat Panel Monitor
    1600x1200, Fine 0.25 Pixel Pitch. Large 20.1" Viewable. Professional
    SIilver/black case. Supports 15 pin, DVI Digital.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Special: $879[/FONT]
  • Oh sure Moose

Keep this up and JOe will have ten monitors for his puter.. Wait.. THis means I keep getting upgraded too... I want to play I want to play....

Since my monitor went pooched I got his old one and he got the new one.. lol
  • One of my monitors is dying. Just wondering what multitablers are using now for monitors.

Closest current equivalent I can find now is this:

Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor - U2412M : Parts & Upgrades | Dell Canada

I really would prefer 1600x1200 or 1920x1200 resolution, so it will match my remaining monitor. Not really a fan of going to 24" but this seems to be the smallest monitor I can find in that res.
  • Had 2 of these 25" HP monitors....they were a great buy about 1.5 yrs ago at $200 each....no longer available now though it looks like (I bought at Bestbuy)....I think they had similar in smaller versions as well

Search Results

replaced on of them with this Dell 27".....I got it on sale for $600...not on sale now though

Dell UltraSharp 27 Monitor - U2713H : Parts & Upgrades | Dell Canada

bought this one specifically to play more tables (has a 2560 x 1440 resolution).......Currently have the resolution set at 1920x1080 as I just found I was squinting to see the fine characters too much (obv I'm getting old).
  • I've been using 3+ monitors for almost a decade.

For the past year I've been using workstation quality HP ZR2740w Monitors as my main.

27" 2560x1440

Next up I'm going to get a 27" gamer 144 hz monitor.