The Xmas shopping thread..

Are you done? I hate xmas shopping, I love the act of giving gifts and I love being generous with my family, I just hate the actual shopping part.

still need to buy for my brother and his wife and kids, a few stocking stuffers for my wife and have yet to buy for the in-laws. Bah.

gimme ideas!

Comments

• When I was at KW Surplus picking up some $10 Copags, I saw those shake-em LED battery-free flashlights for $4.95. Outstanding price. Kids love em because they can shake the crap out of them and the adults never have to replace the batteries.
  • I haven't purchased a single thing yet.

Giving gift certificates is how I roll...
  • I haven't started, but it's only Dec 12.

I got tons of time.
  • Too early to shop.

Full Contact Christmas Shopping Season starts in 9 days.
  • haddon wrote: »
    I haven't purchased a single thing yet.

Giving gift certificates is how I roll...

WORD!!

GC city.
  • am I the only one here who has to dust off the presents before I give them...

Word to the wise: if you pick up one gift everytime you go buy underwear or whatever necessity has forced you through the gates of Hell (a.k.a. the mall) throughout the year-- you never have to go to there in December.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    am I the only one here who has to dust off the presents before I give them...

Word to the wise: if you pick up one gift everytime you go buy underwear or whatever necessity has forced you through the gates of Hell (a.k.a. the mall) throughout the year-- you never have to go to there in December.

I start every year with that frame of mind but it never bears fruit.
  • Well my Christmas shopping seems to go the same every year...

Head down to Bloor St W in Toronto to find some nice things for those I love - and those I am forced to buy for...

Hit up Harry Rosen - convince the sales person that I will not be buying a suit today....

Get to Holt - Sales person convinces me I AM buying a suit today.

Get back to Waterloo down $1500 - with no presents - but with one NICE suit.

Guess I am doing all my shopping the day before again.... :(
  • TNORTH wrote: »
    Get back to Waterloo down $1500 - with no presents - but with one NICE suit.

Guess I am doing all my shopping the day before again.... :(

...at the dollar store.
  • I just let the wife do the shopping. And for her, cash always fits.