0-7 Leafs C'mon! - Time For A Trade No?

1st fire maurice

2nd Ray Croft #1 goalie?...I don't think so...Cory Cross would be a better goalie, he's always in the way.

3rd - Bench Sundin, leafs won 7-1 when they were without the captain cuz' he was injured!

Why when he comes back do the players rely on him to do all the work?

Those are my suggestions, guys what do you think we should do to bring the cup to Toronto in '07

Comments

• watching tonite's game vs Detroit, they showed total lack of confidence
    so many things wrong now..
    agree Raycroft hasn't showed he can be no. 1
    Steen .. man is he out of it or what
    sure looking grim for us Leafs fans
  • I Still BeeeeeeLEAF!

But i don't want another nail bitting year, where we have to do math for the playoffs...Hope this team wins, and this team loses, and toronto wins 3 of the 8 games left then we can make the playoffs!!!

And if they don't make the playoffs this year....Remember these key losses End of Nov' and Early Dec :(
  • Sundin should never be out of the line up, he IS the leafs. As far as goal tending, they traded away the future (Tellqvist) for virtually nothing. Raycroft, although not currently playing very well, has the potential (as we saw in his rookie season) to be a great goaltender, perhaps one day he will have the defense to compliment his ability.

I JUST WANT ONE GOOD SEASON. I'm not needy, I'm not even asking for the cup, I'd just like one season with a competitive team who makes it through the first couple rounds. Take notes Santa.
  • Why is everyone so shocked that the Leafs suck?

They have for over 30yrs now...can't see THAT changing anytime soon?

GO BRUINS GO!!
  • djalikool wrote: »
    1st fire maurice

2nd Ray Croft #1 goalie?...I don't think so...Cory Cross would be a better goalie, he's always in the way.

3rd - Bench Sundin, leafs won 7-1 when they were without the captain cuz' he was injured!

Why when he comes back do the players rely on him to do all the work?

Those are my suggestions, guys what do you think we should do to bring the cup to Toronto in '07

you should forget about the Leafs winning anything. Pre season everyone thought they would suck this year. They go on a mini winning streak and everyone thinks we can win a cup. I think the 7 game loosing streak is just " balance to the universe". Not my saying, but I agree. finishing dead last would at least give them a decent draft choise! Who really cares if they make it to the first round of the playoffs.
  • The Leaf's are exactly where they are supposed to be right now, fighting desperately for a playoff spot. What else did you truly expect? Everyone knew it at the start of they year, they had an extremely above average start but don't lose sight of the fact that they're barely a 500 team this year, things have just returned to normal for them that's all.

I think Maurice can be blamed for a lot of their problems, he just does not seem to be able to change the team style of play, they're up 3-0 and they don't adjust, they play the same game and the other team comes back to win. If you cannot adjust in todays NHL you are going to lose.

p.s. I think my Bruins are in exactly the same situation, although they are having a good run lately, I am not getting excited, I know they'll be fighting desperately against the Leaf's for that last playoff spot they're barely a 500 team as well.....mind you, if they could only keep playing the Leaf's every other week I'd be more confident of them getting in!!!
  • Bwahahahah!!!! Being from Ottawa I've been crying ever since the start of the NHL, but no more! :D Toronto is finally below Ottawa! I'm so happy. Too bad they both still suck hard...

Go Buffalo!
  • What is the surprise

1- They have a only two real scorers, so they will always struggle scoring

2- Raycroft has been solid but no stealing games

3- hot start then back to earth deal with it.

4- Trade Sundin and go for youth not attempting to do both getting young and keeping vets

5- Aki Berg and Corey Cross Baby

Mike

Go Ottawa

Trade Alfi please
  • Its hard to pin point the problem with the leafs but I would start by getting rid of ferguson for starts. I agree Sundin is the best player on the team but when he is healthy the rest of the team relies on him to much, why is the captian blocking shots. When ever Sundin is injured the rest of the team seems to pull together and play great hockey, same thing happened when he was out with the broken orbital bone. There really is no 1 problem that if solved will change everything.

P.S. dont lay all the blame on Raycroft when his defencemen are give up so turnovers.
  • The ones to blame, imho, is none other than the fan base in Toronto.

ACC is filled EVERY game...win or lose...streak good or bad...THE PLACE IS PACKED EVERY GAME! The team management has ZERO concern on trying to win the hearts of fans by introducing game winning, and ultimately, season winning strategies to guarantee the seats get filled.

Why would management spend money they don't have to? They make a damn good profit in this business, and not many teams can say that. So why would they spend money to try to make it richer for them, when they are already ontop of the league in profits?

Wanna blame the right group for the piss poor Leafs? Blame the fans..because to the Leaf Nation, it really doesn't matter if they win or lose, they will always be LEAF FANS and will spend the money to be so.
  • You nailed that right on the head. The games are always sold out in Toronto which also happens to be the most over priced in the league so they dont need a good team cause the rich get richer and the leafs still lose.
  • Ever since the leafs went to the Eastern Conference, the competitive level has gone down from them. I remeber back in '93 '94 era leafs would play there hearts out. The Western Conference was very tough, and I think the leafs got used to that style of play, then relaxed when they came to the Eastern conference.

-All because we wanted to see more Montreal vs Toronto matches?
    I don't even consider it a rivalry anymore....OTTAWA, BUFFALO are the true rivalry ..boston is comming close