Monopoly for money.

Anyone on here ever played Monopoly for money. Some of my friends want to do it but we haven't thought of a system. Just wondering if anyone on here ahs done it and what your findings were.

Also:
- Scrabble for money. (Losers pay up to winners points? A buck a point or soemthing?)

- Risk for money.

- Tiger Woods on Xbox for money.

Some thoughts would be great.

Comments

• Monopoly starts out well.
    I have played with buddies for cash many times, and I don't think there was one game that ended without heated arguments. Every single time the game gets to a point where players choose to start dealing/trading, someone is being colluded out of a chance to win the game.
    Unless you play heads up monopoly, expect to get in a fight about what is fair and what isn't.
  • eat big macs for money!
  • Oh god :) I've thought about this many a times, none of my friends wanted to do it though... I don't think it would work out very well since monoply is so heavily based on chance... And it also takes like 4 hours to finish one game. You couldn't really use real money since it's not like your gaining eachothers money, you're getting it from the bank... You might be able to do : everyone pitches 10$ or w.e into the pot and winnre gets it...
  • I want to play scrabble for money Josh, buck a point.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    I want to play scrabble for money Josh, buck a point.
    I'll play.

/g2
  • Let's do it!!

Scrabble, buck a point:

-Haddon
    -g2
    -Kristy_Ocean

We need one more and we have a game!
    I'd invite my grandma...but she's a ringer.
  • haddon wrote: »
    Let's do it!!

Scrabble, buck a point:

-Haddon
    -g2
    -Kristy_Ocean

We need one more and we have a game!
    I'd invite my grandma...but she's a ringer.

I will put Al in this game and tell right now he will win. Book it, it is over before you even get started trust me.

Brent
  • I'm such a nerd, I started looking up words that have q but no U..I'm so ready for this.

One question though..with four of us how do we pay out? one third each of the winners total points? What about second or third..do they pay less to first?

Maybe easier to make a set buy in?
  • All scores pay winner.

Good pitch for Al Brent, I am sure he will have a very easy time getting in this game.
  • I'd rather it be a set buyin. $20-$50 winner take all.

Last time I played scrabble was against my hot roommate who claimed she never loses. I pwned her 330 to 170.

/g2
  • you let her win eh ;)
  • g2 wrote: »
    I'd rather it be a set buyin. $20-$50 winner take all.

Last time I played scrabble was against my hot roommate who claimed she never loses. I pwned her 330 to 170.

/g2

Somebody who never loses couldn't break 200? For some reason I doubt that lol

But I would believe anything she said too :)
  • if you can't break 200 in heads up scrabble you are retarded.
  • I can't remember for sure, but I think we called it a game cuz I was so far ahead, we didn't actually finish it. We were pretty wasted anyway.

/g2
  • Lol..I'm trying to envision how that plays out..

you get drunk with your 'hot roommate' (I've never seen her..but she gets a lot of airtime, so I'll concede the point).... and in a moment of weakness...of booze induced haze.. one of you breaks out the scrabble board.

So we're four then, when and where? $20-$50 is fine by me.
  • Maybe I can't read...who is the fourth?
  • actually, its I who can't read..didn't see that you shot down Al the scrabble-shark. Ok we need one more.
  • So this weekend? Three handed? $30-$50 bucks...

Let's do it!
  • This weekend kind of sucks for me, I could maybe do Saturday night if we could plan this quickly. Would the following weekend be possible? (I forget what day Christmas falls on) Will you host Greg? I've got a nice scrabble board, if you need one.
  • Yeah I could host. This weekend is no good for me either, except maybe Sunday afternoon. Next week Mon-Wed or next weekend is better.

/g2
  • I'm free anyday, all day.

So Monday-Wed night K-Fed? Do those dates work for you?
  • Wed. would work well
  • Wed night it is. 7pm good for everyone?

/g2
  • $40 buyin good for you guys? Winner take all.

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    $40 buyin good for you guys? Winner take all.

/g2

Sure I will pay for Al. I need to let him know where the match is being played.
  • So am I allowed into this game or not?

I can bring the board. I have a nice spinnable one.

Are you playing 4 handed, or a mini round robin of 2 player games?
  • DataMn wrote: »
    So am I allowed into this game or not?

I can bring the board. I have a nice spinnable one.

Are you playing 4 handed, or a mini round robin of 2 player games?
    Emailed the others, will let you know ASAP.

/g2
  • Sorry Al, no ringers allowed ;) This is an amateur only scrabble for money event.

/g2
  • Damn You Brent!!

If you had not announced my supremacy to the world, I would be counting my $120 right now!
  • I've played golf, scrabble, chess, and many other games for money, but monopoly, no.Interesting thought though. How would you do it?Dime every monopoly dollar.Quarter perhaps? Could win or lose alot of money.