Tournament in Oakville

I am tossing around the idea of hosting a tournament at my place on Saturday September 25th. That gives me a bit of time to make a few tables and get things organized. All are welcome upto I'm guessing a max of 24. My basement could tighly fit that amount. What buy in would most of you be comfortable with. It's going to be a min of $50 and if most want more we could do that too. Rebuys?? Let me know what you all think. Start in the afternoon or evening?? Is it wrong for the host to take a 25% rake/cut??? Yes that is a joke.

Hammer

P.S. Side games are of course welcomed and encouraged

Comments

• Hammer,

I'm in for the 25th. I'm comfortable with anywhere from $50 to $200 buy-in. If you're going with the higher end of the buy-in, $200 range, then I'd keep it a freeze out tournamnet (no rebuys). But if you're going with a lower buy-in, $50 to $100, then a one hour re-buy period and add-ons can make for an interesting day of poker.

Cheers,

Shaky
  • I live in Oakville and might be interested in this event. More details would be appreciated, once you have decided on the format and all that.

AK
  • I live in Oakville as well, and you also might consider the idea of holding a 10 dollar satallite freeze-out, as well as the 50 dollar tourney. Where about in Oakville are you located?
  • business brings me through oakville regularly, and i'm sure i can arrang a meeting on the 25th ... to get me near there

so count me in
  • Still trying to figure out when exactly. I' post when I know for sure.
  • I would be interested in a tournament as well. I think if we get enough people a buy-in of $50-$100 sounds good to me. personally I prefer no re-buys, but whatever most want should count. So please add me to the list for the 25th
    cheers
  • Satallite....yes I'm a poor bastard.... And another vote for no rebuys
  • Will u let a Girl Join ???