$20 to win $100,000?

So I recently stumbled across (removed). What is really clever about this approach is that it brings you the classic poker-style gameplay and lure of cash prize tournaments, since there is no actual money wagering you have to pay $20/month to be a member of the club, but you can't lose any money in it.

You have the opportunity to win good-sized prizes ($100,000 first prize) in the weekly or monthly tournaments, so it probably keeps you from really doing dumb wagering like you would if no money was at stake. At $20 a month, it's a decent amount of money but you can't go broke.

anyone give this a shot yet?

(link removed)

Comments

• some sneaky advertising going on here from someone with so many posts.

http://www.pokerforum.ca/showthread.php?t=10839
  • not advertising, I actually asked a few people since I got no response from the forum. Sorry, I just thought people would be intrested. Apparently, pros are going to start taking advantage of sites like this, because you can win large amounts of money!

So anyone who plays small stakes poker online, you might want to consider BetZip. The beauty of this is you can play as much as you want a month, and it is only gonna cost your bankroll $20.00/month!

Once again, im not advertising

PM me for the link, sloth thinks I was advertising :( ...don't know why, cuz' Neverbeg link never got deleted when someone was asking about staking.
  • Game selection and player quality are a big factor when playing online as well.

Frankly if you really want to go low/no rake play at WPEX where you get back every cent of rake contributed.

Problem is they only have a few hundred players, minimal game selection and most of those players are tight aggressive multi tablers.

I have never heard of the network you are talking about but I imagine it is even smaller.

But hey, go for it and post your results in a couple months. Note I suggest this pretty much assuming that will not happen =).

I don't think the OP meant to spam but the idea is not quite as revolutionary as he may believe.
  • I gotta say DJ, your word choice sure paints a picture that you have a financial interest in promoting that site...this doesn't exactly sound like casual chewing of the fat and tipping off friends

"What is really clever about this approach is that it brings you the classic poker-style gameplay and lure of cash prize tournaments"

"Apparently, pros are going to start taking advantage of sites like this, because you can win large amounts of money!"
  • And if "Apparently, pros are going to start taking advantage of sites like this, because you can win large amounts of money!" someone has to LOSE large amounts of money. Remember there has to be an even larger amount of money lost.. The equation is quite simply
    "Money available to be won = money available to be lost MINUS rake"

No get rich quick scheme..... NO substitute for good ol plain hard work!
  • Can't imagine paying $20/month to play freerolls.
  • I am not getting any financial gain for advertising for that site.
    To answer the question, "someone must lose in order to win" the prizes are paid out from monthly fees. The $20 membership a month. I only mentioned this site, because alot of forum members are low stakes players who like to risk the minimum but gain alot. Sorry if you felt this thread was spam my intentions were good. People learning how to play the game too could consider this site aswell, because since there is a prize awarded after every tourney. People will not fool around with the all in button like the .NET sites.
  • The intentions may have been good but the advice was pretty bad which is why it feels like spam advertising (even though I suspect it was not).

Low limit players who want to avoid risk should bonus whore among various sites, not pay $20 a month to play at a site that likely has no traffic or game selection.
  • the site is just MTT, and SnGs I wouldn't want traffic anyway. Your chances are greater in winning the top prize with fewer people on the site.
  • Could this be one of the ways some US companies are getting around "illegal gambling".
  • that's what most people are saying, when I typed in Review of BetZip on Google....oops, i'm advertising for google now!!
  • djalikool wrote: »
    that's what most people are saying, when I typed in Review of BetZip on Google....oops, i'm advertising for google now!!
    That's a bannin! ;)

/g2
  • lol Sloth, ban this scrub!
  • ban me? i've been a member for a longtime here. Sorry if my thread offended anyone. Sloth I am sorry.