inconvenient truth

Anyone else seen this?

Just wondering if anyone has any opinions...

I think it is a good movie, everyone should see it. Al Gore is the man. It reminded me of those sociology classes that I enjoyed.

Comments

• it's the kind of movie I want to see, but yet, want to remain blissfully ignorant about as well.
  • very impactful film....i thought it was great and have seen it 2 times (because my work payed for the second time, but still!).

It is well worth the watch..and with temperatures at 14 degrees on november 29th...it's pretty hard to ignore what gore is saying.. it's quite alarming that not one world leader (western world) is stepping up and saying "hey everyone..there is a huge problem, and it's being illustrated over and over again..let's fix it."

Also, i truly beleive that if we had no air conditioning, this whole "global warming" thing would be a much bigger problem than it is....can you imagine a 40 degree day in mid july with no air conditioning?
  • very good movie, i saw it over the summer which was a while ago, so i don't remember a lot of the specifics. but i do remember being absolutely astonished by the facts that gore is showing here. i'm usually not one to see a movie like this, but i went with my dad and yeah, i would have to say that everyone should see it. and the great thing about it is you don't have to be 'intellectual' or know anything about the environment to understand what gore is talking about. just one side note, seriously this film scares me, how could gore be wrong?? he has graphs on walls and big screens. i'm joking, it actually scares me.

oh i almost forgot, but can you imagine how different the place that we live would be if gdub bush wasn't president of the united states and it was al gore?

oh and quiane yes i can imagine a 40 degree day in july with no ac, i work at a summer camp, it's more like a bunch of 40 degree days in july and august.
  • Quiane wrote: »
    ..and with temperatures at 14 degrees on november 29th...it's pretty hard to ignore what gore is saying..
    I ignored it by going golfing today! Haha.

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing this movie, it's next on my list once I have some time.

/g2
  • lol special k...i work with kids also, and i've had my fair share...(and i know you were kidding! :) ) but seriously..you come home or drive home in your air con car, go grocery shopping and you would honestly feel more comfortable being in jeans and a t in the grocery store, come home and sit on the couch with the temp nicely never getting above oh..23 degrees...maybe 27 for those who are trying to moderate power.

I'm talking complete blackouts b/c there just isint any more power to be had......and it's scary to be standing on the edge, looking one way and seeing people dying (older and younger) due to extreem heat, drought, flood and maybe even an ice age in europe (thanks a lot greenland)..and knowing, without a doubt that we caused this.
    it's so frustrating to have a movie like gore's showing in theaters nation wide..and then follow that up with a november 29th that is forcast at 17 degrees in downtown toronto, and have everyone ignore it.....
    sigh
    okay, i'm ramblin'....i'll stop...but what will it take? how far does it have to go before the world economy takes a back seat and the only place we have to live starts riding shotgun? with the A/C on might i add.....
    oh..and i miss boozeboggoning in november...i was doing that last year!!
    it was wicked. we stole trays from the caf at the u of g...
  • I saw it in theatres, very well done and very interesting. Really makes you wonder how it is so easily ignored by the people who have the power to bring about change.