Holiday Gift Ideas for the Poker Player??

any suggestions on gifts to ask for this Christmas from the spouse, etc. for the poker player in the family? Here's one suggestion to get things started:

http://www.ultimatedealerbutton.com

Ho Ho Holdem!

Comments

• All I want is a Get out of the House for one Tourney Free coupon. Good anytime. No expiry.
  • Hobbes wrote: »

I like those but I always prefer original guards.
  • Last year for my birthday, I mentioned that I wanted Harrington on Hold'em, but instead received underwear. :-[

For Christmas, I wanted Harrington Volume II, but got socks instead. :'(

This year, I wanted a decent set of plastic playing cards for my birthday, but instead got a $2.99 box of chocolates. :(

This Christmas, I am hoping for another poker book. I wonder what I'll get instead? :confused:
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Last year for my birthday, I mentioned that I wanted Harrington on Hold'em, but instead received underwear. :-[

For Christmas, I wanted Harrington Volume II, but got socks instead. :'(

This year, I wanted a decent set of plastic playing cards for my birthday, but instead got a $2.99 box of chocolates. :(

This Christmas, I am hoping for another poker book. I wonder what I'll get instead? :confused:

Looks like the budget is on the decline with each passing gift so maybe you will get a bag of chips.... you could always ask for Vol 3 and see what happens. I guess I should appreciate my wife more as if I ask for a poker related gift, I usually get it. The other day she surprised me with U2 by U2 and there was no occasion.... pretty nice huh!
  • I think everyone who runs home games should have a "Poker Genie". I have a buddy that has one and it is awesome. Buy it now for $54.95 on eBay. That is what I am hoping to get.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    I think everyone who runs home games should have a "Poker Genie". I have a buddy that has one and it is awesome. Buy it now for $54.95 on eBay. That is what I am hoping to get.
    No offense, but the genie isn't that great once you've played good structures. Use a tried/tested blind structure (most of the home games post their structures) and a timer - you'll avoid stupid levels like 65/130 which the genie finds amusing... (or something similar - I can't remember the specific level since I only put myself through this once)
  • Thinking about a nice set of Tarot cards... help me make those tough decisions at the poker table.
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    No offense, but the genie isn't that great once you've played good structures. Use a tried/tested blind structure (most of the home games post their structures) and a timer - you'll avoid stupid levels like 65/130 which the genie finds amusing... (or something similar - I can't remember the specific level since I only put myself through this once)

You can set up your own blinds and antes. You are not limited to the ones that they use. Also, it is much easier for everyone in the room to see.
  • Yeah, I don't have a laptop so I use a poker genie, everyone really likes it and it's very easy to input your own blinds and antes.

Obviously Kems are a nice gift, or copags if on a budget.

sstar
  • I've played a few games at Sean's wtih the poker genie, it is actually pretty good. Awesome for sit n gos. Not much set up like TD when you just have a few guys over for a game.