Least favorite line from Rounders?

Any quotes from Rounders that stick out in your mind as being real groaners?

MIKE: "Y'have it?" he asks me. "Sorry John, I don't remember."

ScottyZ

Comments

• I never liked the fact that at the beginning Knish says, "You're making a run for it, aren't you. Rolling up a stake and going to Vegas."

Mike came to the game with $30k He has more then enough to play in the Series. He doesn't need to make a run for it.

Also, as per your line Scotty. It is well known by anyone who has played poker, that it is easier to bluff a pro then a rank amateur. A calling station is a calling station.

Mike
  • I suppose its not really a line, however, one thing that has always confused me is at the end, when Mike beats KGB, why does Gramma get mad and throw the chair at table? He got his money, you think he would be happy?

any thoughts?

Irah
  • Irah wrote:
    I suppose its not really a line, however, one thing that has always confused me is at the end, when Mike beats KGB, why does Gramma get mad and throw the chair at table? He got his money, you think he would be happy?

any thoughts?

Irah

Gramma is not a nice guy....I believed he wanted to beat his brains instead, plus he is partners with KGB so if KGB looses he looses, and to add more gramma is the muscle, kinda like Tie Domi you gotta keep that image and the fear regardless...
  • I didn't like the whiny "Michael, Michael how could you?" crack from law prof when he wanted to borrow money. lol