Turn: Big draw OOP in multiway pot

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)
Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9c, Ac.
Hero raises, 1 fold, CO calls, Button calls, 1 fold, BB calls.
Flop: (8.50 SB) 7c, 4h, 6c (4 players)
BB bets, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, Button calls, BB calls, Hero caps, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.
Turn: (12.25 BB) 8s (4 players)
BB bets, Hero ?

Call or raise? And why? I think it's close either way... Opponents in general are fairly laggy.

Comments

• ScoobyD wrote: »
    Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)
    Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9c, Ac.
    Hero raises, 1 fold, CO calls, Button calls, 1 fold, BB calls.
    Flop: (8.50 SB) 7c, 4h, 6c (4 players)
    BB bets, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, Button calls, BB calls, Hero caps, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.
    Turn: (12.25 BB) 8s (4 players)
    BB bets, Hero ?

Call or raise? And why? I think it's close either way... Opponents in general are fairly laggy.

I call with my over gutshot and flush the way it's been going the button should just call but if he raises it will let me know what's going on by the time it gets back to me.
  • I call with my over gutshot

It's open-ended btw...
  • Wow I'm really not sure. I suppose there's a good chance this is going to get jammed on you anyways. I think I'd just go ahead and jam it. If you ever get someone to fold 89 behind you when they otherwise may not have you've gained a lot. The only disadvantage I can see is when button folds 76 when he might have tried to peel to a single bet, but he wouldn't have called 3 more anyways so you probably don't lose much. If it gets back to the BB at 2 bets and he makes it 3 then call if it's a 3-way pot and cap if it's 4-way since some of your outs are counterfeited.
  • ScoobyD wrote: »
    It's open-ended btw...

Right right I read it as the 10s for some reason.... this looking at little numbers for work sucks.
  • I suppose there's a good chance this is going to get jammed on you anyways.

I kind of figured this. My worry with aggressive (bad) opponents is that if I call, I'm announcing the fact that I likely have a flush draw and 2 pair's and sets might get into a raising war behind me trying to "protect" their hand. I thought I might be able to actually slow things down by raising myself (as crazy as it sounds).
  • OK, I'm a MTT donk admittedly, but wow. I REALLY don't understand what's going through some people's heads.

Here's the hypothetical situation:

Satellite: Top 100 get seats to a larger tourney. 105 players remain.

Avg stack is 15k. 30 min blind levels, and the blinds are at 300-600 A50.

You have 25k in chips. A ridiculously bad LAG moron that clearly doesn't understand that 1st and 100th get the same prize is playing most of his hands. He seems to think it's his job to be the table captain.

He has everyone covered at the table with 60k chips.

What hands are you entering a pot with?

Isn't this about as clear as it gets for folding everything?
  • Personally I would just check/call on the turn as you will have to fold your hand if you don't hit on the river. I don't think that anybody will be folding to your bet on the turn and someone might have hit their straight right there. Additionally it sets up a beautiful check raise on the river if you do hit.

With regards to the MTT, I've seen these boneheads bust out on the bubble. Just folding consistently should do fine, or if you want some play enter the pots with AA, KK, or QQ and probably push each time depending how many people are behind and the number that have entered the pot. Of course it also depends on how many of the short stacks are at your table ,how short they are, and whether the "Captain" knows enough to check it down if you are able to get the short stack all-in.