Online Observation

I use to play Party Poker and Pokerstars and found that there seem to be a disproportionate number of high hands (flushes, full houses, etc), more than you would see in a live game. I recently started playing Booya and Supreme and started to see a trend. Booya on the other hand seemed to have very few of these high hands and the play was more in line with what I would see with a live game. Supreme on the other hand was back to the old high hands again. This also applies to getting burned on the river where this seems to be frequent on all the sites except Booya. Mind you I have only played these sites for a short duration, but it seems to be the same outcome in each session. Anyone else notice these trends with sites you play frequently?

Comments

• Honestly, do you think that the sites are rigged? Party Poker, a publicly traded company, would risk their site on adjusting the program to make for high hands? You've been around, I am surprised to hear you actually think this.

I play a fair amount online and I have never noticed a high percentage of flushes/boats ect online. I have seen a lot but again, as it has been stated numerous numerous times, you just see more hands and it appears to happen more online.

80 hands/hour vs 15 hands/hour (rough estimate). If you see three flushes in the live game at 15/hour you will see about 16 online. It seems more but it isn't.
  • ..Is this a gag post? Surely you can't be serious.
  • I guess its just me; I wish I kept my hand history from previous sites so I would have statistics to support this claim. Its probably as a result of limited play on these sites so over the long run, I wouldn't be observing these differences.
  • online your seeing TONS more hands than in person so you're going to see more of everything...bad beats and wins.

also, it's human nature to only remember/put higher attention on the more seemingly dramatic hands. I would say fairly confidently that long run you won't feel this way as you've mentioned.
  • found this response to a similar question on another site:

http://www.tightpoker.com/pokerpro/online-poker-sites-rigged.html

I agree that online you definitely see a lot more hands per hour than live play but its the frequency between online sites that I notice a difference. Remembering only the higher hands might have some validity.
  • Whitehorse wrote: »
    ..Is this a gag post? Surely you can't be serious.

LOL...that's kind of what I was thinking. Hasn't this been discussed (read-driven into peoples skulls) over and over??

Seriously though...NO...no trends whatsoever.

sstar
  • I saw a disproportionate number of suited boards playing in Metro's Kitchen last night... but only in the kitchen, the living room table wasn't rigged.

/g2
  • yes, I've noticed that kitchen vs livingroom anomaly before (lol); time to hide my head in shame...
  • I tend to notice that their are a high number of mundane hands that noone remembers and a smaller amount of action hands that people tend to remember. From there it is simple where it ends up.

To your credit, you at least claimed to have wished to have kept your hand histories to analyze. Most rigged believers are firm that they do not need any stinking hand histories since they know what they see. I mean my aces were cracked twice - that proves it.

Obviously if it is not a gag post it is a combination of a small sample size and selective memory, but it seems the OP kind of realizes that =)