$50 if you can...

Eat 6 Big Macs in 15 minutes.
I'll pay for the food.

You fail, you pay for the food and give me $50.

Any serious inquiries pm me.
(Will be videotaped)

Comments

• Maybe we should just start a section strictly for stupid-wagers.
  • when I lived in Whistler, I was introduced to poker. I was playing my regular Saturday night game with friends. These 3 Australian guys bet anyone in the room $50 that someone couldn't funnel 3 beers @ once without throwing up. I volunteered...they talked amongst themselves and said:

Them: "ok Neil, we actually think you could do 3...so because it's you, you have to do four you have to keep the beers down for 60 seconds"

me: "and if I lose?"

them: "you only have to give us 5 cigarettes each"

at the time, I had about 5 cartons of cigarettes in my room upstairs shipped from Ontario (smokes were $9 in BC and $4 in Ontario) also, I was $40 in debt from the poker game so I took the challenge.

Well, it got crazy...this is in staff housing you have to understand, so as we're heading outside to do this, the Aussies are knocking on EVERY single door and hooting and hollering, there was a clear fanbase of those cheering for me and those cheering for the aussies. By the time we made it outside there must've been at least 40 people plus an additional 50 looking out their windows into the parking lot where we'd gathered.

I was SO nervous but because of the crowd I had to make it look like no big deal, the very moment the aussie handed me the full funnel with 4 bottles of beer in it I lifted it..without a drop on my shirt or face I took every drop of beer in less than 1 minute. I let out a massive belch and said "no problem" and raised my arms in victory. The crowd went insane. I sat down on a rock and felt totally fine, but just as quickly I starting hurling like it was my job. It was insane...it was all just the beer and nothing else and I felt completely fine afterward...but I hadn't lasted 60 seconds.

Well, 1 aussie was so impressed I didn't have to pay him his cigarettes, and my poker buddy was equally impressed so he cancelled my $40 debt to him.

I have pictures of before, during and after (including one of me leaning over a rock and losing the bet) I'll have to scan them and post them here :)
  • That's such a sweet story!
  • I've been pondering this all day. I'm sure i could 3-4...but really 'ify' about 5 or 6.
  • i was just msn'ing kobayashi. he says he's up for it!
  • Sloth, 6 is the death number...
    It is soooo hard.

And Greg, these are big macs, not hot dogs...tell him its on haha.
  • haddon wrote: »
    And Greg, these are big macs, not hot dogs...tell him its on haha.
    hey! he does 'crystal burgers', too...hundreds of those little effers
  • I did 45 White Castle burgers in an hour and was sick for 4 days. :D

Kobayashi is a machine.
  • How about 50 eggs in an hour haha.
  • ya' know...there is a place near here called Chill 'n grill...they serve a 3 pound burger and if you can eat it in an hour you get it for free, I've always wanted to try that...

any of the waterloo crew wanna try this as a group sometime on a lunch hour? I tried to order it once to go and they wouldn't let me...it has to be eatten in store. I said I knew it disqualified me from getting the chance to get it for free and they didn't care, they turned down the sale of a $25 burger...
  • You have to order the burger a day in advance.
    We've tried it.
    It is impossible. Like...the thing is massive.
    There is a picture of the guy who did it in there...I don't believe it is possible.
  • Sloth

I'm totally up for that.. but on a weekend someday... and make sure we can all nap afterwards, or just hang out and do a SNG nearby or soemthing..

Mark
    How about 50 eggs in an hour haha.

Damn..

I am duly impressed by your "Cool Hand Luke" reference..

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Sloth

I'm totally up for that.. but on a weekend someday... and make sure we can all nap afterwards, or just hang out and do a SNG nearby or soemthing..

Mark
    My place is just down the street. I watched a friend of mine try to eat the 3 lb burger a couple years ago. Got about 80% thru with 10 minutes to spare, but then just couldn't eat another bite. The thing is massive.

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    The thing is massive.

/g2

That's what she said.
  • sloth wrote: »
    I've been pondering this all day. I'm sure i could 3-4...but really 'ify' about 5 or 6.

I'm so excited that there is serious thought going into this...

I hope someone does it! (and that you do take pictures for the rest of us to see)
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Damn..

I am duly impressed by your "Cool Hand Luke" reference..

Mark

Sometimes nothing is a cool hand. ;)
  • i've eaten 5 big macs in half an hour before... 6 in 15 is pretty nuts... if there was less risk for the person eating i would do it, say like if i don't do it i just have to pay for the burgers. and as for the chill n' grill i'm down for that.
  • sloth wrote: »
    ya' know...there is a place near here called Chill 'n grill...they serve a 3 pound burger and if you can eat it in an hour you get it for free, I've always wanted to try that...

I've been raving about 'The Grill' for the last year! Best burgers in town!!

Let me know when, and I'll be there!

Johnnie
  • 4 beers is damn impressive. We use our funnel atleast twice a week and the most I've seen is 3, followed by puke. Musta been a gross amount of head with 4 beers too... gets you crazy bloated and its just too much volume.
  • i've seen three beers funneled successfully (ie not followed by puking) but that is the most i've seen, same guy tried 4 beers once and he was puking everywhere... my personal max is 2... i'm not brave enough to do 3.
    Eat 6 Big Macs in 15 minutes.
    I'll pay for the food.

You fail, you pay for the food and give me $50.

Any serious inquiries pm me.
    (Will be videotaped)

I am seriously thinking about this Josh. I will let you know by the end of the week. We will work out the when and where.

Prophet :2h :2s
  • I am seriously thinking about this Josh. I will let you know by the end of the week. We will work out the when and where.

Prophet :2h :2s

I guess the diet thing would be off then.

Cameron
  • Just one last time...anyone?
  • Sloth,

Love the beer bet, also been out witha few Aussies in Whistler...be thankful you did the beer bets and not the billard bets.. never ever do a billard bet with guys from Aussie Land..now women I'm all up for. My brother and I were shooting pool at the Cinnamon Bear (really nice bar in the Delta hotel in Whistler) and these two Aussies came up and ask if we'd play for the table... well thing got going and the bets increased from the table to shooters to the "aussie bet" as my brother and I called it...seems that Aussies love to play pool and the losers have to run around the table naked...not a pretty site in a nice bar :) hahahah

As for food bets....and knowing what the bet is... My boss from Toronto and I were down in Texas on time at a Steak joint.we look at the menu and find that a "kids steak" is 12 ounce steak...ain't no way two manly men are ordering kids steaks :) So my boss challenges me to try the "stud", 29 ounces of heffer delight. We had a meeting in about an hour so the deal was whoever completed the steak got to sit quietly at the meeting and skip the presentation... well nobody tells you that the steak comes with a friggin' 2 pound potatoe, bowl of beans, salad, and a bun...and the bet was to eat everything...

Well boss and I sit down (at the time I'm a skinny little 180 lb 6'5" tall guy, and my boss is about 320 and 6'4" tall) and we start eating...we both starting to slow down after the salad, beans, and bun are gone....about three quarters the way through the steak I notice that he's basically stopped eating..so I started bugging him about how he wasn't ready for the presentation and how I'm going to nap through the meeting instead.... so that gets him going stronger again...

Now the bit about knowing the rules... nothing was said about keeping the food down, just that it had to be eaten. I got up with about 10 minutes left, went to the washroom, tossed everything I had just eaten...went back to the table finished the meal and asked my boss if I could order dessert.....hahah that sent him to the washroom throughing up...

absolutely the best meeting I ever slept through.

atm_gp
  • sweet story to bad you lost though.