On-Line Poker....

I would like to start playing on-line and therefore I need your help guys. Could you give me some tips and/or recommendations on:

- which sites are best to play?
- how much to start with?
- how do you deposit (credit card)?
- how does the cash-out work for you? I'm a bit sceptic on this one...

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Kris aka the Polak aka ACDC

Comments

• ACDC wrote: »
    I would like to start playing on-line and therefore I need your help guys. Could you give me some tips and/or recommendations on:

- which sites are best to play? any site
    - how much to start with? I would start with $500
    - how do you deposit (credit card)? NETELLER NETELLER NETTELLER
    - how does the cash-out work for you? I'm a bit sceptic on this one... back to neteller and if you've registered your bank account (get one just for poker) to and from that account to neteller

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Kris aka the Polak aka ACDC

PS Hopefully this reads well.
  • Your neteller account MUST be in US$.

Joe there is a 1.9% exchange fee when you send a transfer from Neteller back to your CDN$ bank account. My cheque came in 7 days (mailed from Calgary) with no fees.

If you want to start with no money check out pokersourceonline.com
    or even if you want to start with your own money this is still a good place to go if you would rather take free gifts. I've got 1500 Nevada Jack poker chips coming to me, free from that site, which are worth about $1000, just as an example.

As with Joe, to handle the swings you really should be able to commit about $500 to online play.

pm me if you want more info and I can give you a referral.
  • Yea I forgot to mention the neteller in US$ part. It seems so obvious when you play in US$ on the sites. Instantbankroll.com used to give out free $25 to play at party ( I think they are related to pokersourceonline) to get you started.
  • Assuming you are fairly new, I would do the following (some is a repeat of the advice above)

Create a Neteller account (US funds essential).

Do a transfer from your bank account of around $570 canadian so you have at least $500 US in Neteller. Note, Neteller has to be linked to a Canadian funds account in Canada (which is annoying) so you will lose a bit on the exchange rate here for the initial deposit (though it is still better then a credit card, many of which will not allow it).

Once you have $500 in Neteller go to pokersourceonline.com and do the Party promotion for 9000 points (or the Nevada chip set if you want it). It requires you to play only 250 raked hands for a $100 bonus on top of the above gift. You can probably even clear them quickly on their new smaller NL tables like $10 buy in ones or the beginner tables.

If you cannot afford $500 then their Instant Bankroll promotion is a good one to use.

After you finish that withdraw back to Neteller and depending on what game/limit you are comfortable playing setup an account with rakeback at a variety of sites. If you play 1/2 limit then Interpoker is a good one with their $100 monthly bonus, as is William Hill (on the Cryptologic network). Full Tilt and Ultimate bet are options as well as is Absolute poker (again be sure to set up an account with rakeback).

A good site for rakeback comparison is

http://www.rakerebatereview.com/default.html

For tournaments Pokerstars is the best.

Hope that helps
  • Yes instantbankroll.com and pokersourceonline.com are one in the same.

You get $100 free with no deposit at PartyPoker. Read the rules carefully, if you don't meet every requirement you won't get the money. The rules vary by website and if you make a deposit as well.

PSO also offers free money at Absolute and Titan now. But as Monteroy says, rakeback is a better option at Absolute. He suggests starting with Party because you can't get rakeback there.
  • Unfortunately rakerebatereview is under re-construction right now so the listings have been taken down except for a couple of sponsor sites.