Post Your Bad Beats Here!

Hello all...I like to let off a little steam as much as the next guy when somebody plays a hand horribly but is rewarded for it. So I figured I might as well make a place where you can do all the ranting and raving that you want! Post your bad beat stories here for everyone to see and respond too...I'll be putting in some of my own for sure I'll just have to think of some of the best ones first!

Comments

• Yawn. Yawn. Yawn.
    (complies with the "your message is too short" rule)
  • For those who are inclined to post their bad beats and this site is rigged stories... Here is the solution in advance.. http://zapatopi.net/afdb/
  • I'll bite: This hand sums up everything I love/hate about NL ring games. Get in as a 75% favourite with no hope after you fall behind. PUSH and get that money in I know.

Acidjoe63 has $59.52
    bigboobmo has $2.50
    Danny Zuko has $55.71
    Lamackem has $61.66
    henryk has $37.75
    delspeed78 has $122.47
    harrry has $98.25
    jakegittes has $100
    zes007 has $120.15
    zes007 is the dealer.
    Acidjoe63 posted small blind.
    bigboobmo posted big blind.
    jakegittes posted big blind.

Dealing Hole Cards.
    Seat 1 : Acidjoe63 has Ad Ac
    Danny Zuko folded.
    Lamackem called $0.50 and raised $1
    henryk folded.
    harrry folded.
    jakegittes called $1
    zes007 folded.
    Acidjoe63 called $1.25 and raised $4
    bigboobmo folded.
    Lamackem called $4 and raised $56.16 and is All-in
    jakegittes called $60.16
    Acidjoe63 called $54.02 and is All-in
    Showdown!
    Seat 4 : Lamackem has As Kc
    Seat 8 : jakegittes has Ah Qh
    bigboobmo : big pot.
    Board cards [Ts 4s Kh Ks 9h]
    Lamackem has 3 of a Kind: Kings
    jakegittes has Pair: Kings
    Lamackem wins $4.21 with 3 of a Kind: Kings
    Lamackem has 3 of a Kind: Kings
    jakegittes has Pair: Kings
    Acidjoe63 has Two Pair: Aces and Kings
    Lamackem wins $176.13 with 3 of Kind: Kings
    Danny Zuko : effin aces
    Hand is over.
  • Oh man! Joe that beat is absolutely disgusting...Something similar to that happened to me a while ago in a home game...My buddy raised under the gun and I knew he had something big cause I've played with him for so long...Everyone folded and it came along to me in the big blind, he had warned me not to play unless i had something big and what did I look down at? You got it pocket aces..So I pushed all-in over the top and he called thinking i was trying to bluff him...I quickly flipped my aces to his disgust as he flipped over his ace king....The flop came 4-7-10, I was in good shape, the turn came down a jack, and of course the river had to be a queen...Runner runner straight to beat my aces! I was disgusted but sometimes thats the way the cards roll i guess! Good luck with those aces!
  • Heads up.

Me Button dealt A2c

Flop comes 348c

Turn 8d

River 5c

Opponent 67c

Top that

This happened several years ago so I don't remember the betting, but it still hurts.
  • 2/5NL @ MGM
    I have 1800 in front of me.
    He has 200.
    I took 600 off him the previous hand so I thought he was steaming and wanted to make him spin more...

This guy went all in with AA. I called with 32o.

Flop 332.
    Turn A.
    River 3.

That guy would love this thread. He is probably still mad about it.
  • Heads up.

Me Button dealt A2c

Flop comes 348c

Turn 8d

River 5c

Opponent 67c

Top that

This happened several years ago so I don't remember the betting, but it still hurts.

That exact same thing happened to me at Brantford playing 2/5 Limit a few years ago. Were you at my table? I was the ass with A2 though.
  • 65 entries, 8 handed table...$65 buy in tourny.
    I'm UTG. Every pot but two has been raised preflop. We are in the middle of the second level. I get KK, limp, hoping that history repeats itself and someone raises. No luck.

Flop 359 rainbow. Checks around.
    I bet the pot. BB make it 500 more. I worry about a BB special, but sense weakness. I make 1500 on top. BB goes all in. I still sense weakness and call. BB had A2. Turn J. River 4.

Thanks MDS :)!
  • After a $65 buyin tourney. 6-man SNG. First hand KK in LP. Blinds 25/25 MP raises to 150, I re-raise to 500. Original raiser goes all in. I call. He shows JJ. River is a J. Thanks Josh! haha :D

/g2
  • playing a 27R on booya poker, top 9 pay, 10 players left, 100 started. i'm dealt KK in the SB and LAG in MP who has raised the last 2 hands raises to 4x the BB. i shove all in over top, he calls, showing KQ. flop KQQ, turn brick, river Q, to put me out on the bubble, 9th place paid $270 or something, not to mention this pot would have made me chip leader by a mile.
  • rebuy tournament..I'm in for about a bajillion dollars (I'm not allowed to win all-in hands during the rebuy no matter how far ahead I am.)

rebuy period is over..I've got 5-7o in the BB, utg limps (the only stack that can hurt me), so does the button..check

Flop...3-4-6 rainbow

BINGO!!!!!!!

little bet, utg raises, I call

turn=2(fourth suit)...

kristy=check
    UTG=big bet
    Kristy=hesitate and raise
    UTG=....min-raise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kristy="who deals for pokerstars? 'cause I'm SOOO GONNA MAKE OUT WITH HIM!"

utg and I min raise our 12k-ish stacks in ..takes like 45 minutes to do it

me=nut straight
    utg=two pr 3's and 4's

river=4

kristy=crippled!

about ten minutes later having rebuilt a bit I get JJ, shove from the small blind and Donkey McStupidBitch (aka utg) calls (what I wanted) cracks it with 10-9o (not what I wanted)

GG ME!
  • g2 wrote: »
    After a $65 buyin tourney. 6-man SNG. First hand KK in LP. Blinds 25/25 MP raises to 150, I re-raise to 500. Original raiser goes all in. I call. He shows JJ. River is a J. Thanks Josh! haha :D

/g2

I even told you I was ready to bust with that hand, first hand of the SNG. I was like, 'whatever, I have a paint pair, if I'm cold decked her I'm out."

Or maybe I am a trick dealer....:D
  • haddon wrote: »
    65 entries, 8 handed table...$65 buy in tourny.
    I'm UTG. Every pot but two has been raised preflop. We are in the middle of the second level. I get KK, limp, hoping that history repeats itself and someone raises. No luck.

Flop 359 rainbow. Checks around.
    I bet the pot. BB make it 500 more. I worry about a BB special, but sense weakness. I make 1500 on top. BB goes all in. I still sense weakness and call. BB had A2. Turn J. River 4.

Thanks MDS :)!

I just spewed Diet Pepsi all over my monitor you ass!

Sorry Haddon, I really thought you were stealing and I decided to fight back. I was horrified when you turned over KK.
    >:D
  • There is no sorry in poker!!

And no matter what the commercials say, Diet Pepsi will not keep you young. It will slowly kill you. Aspartame is the devil!!!
  • * # 1 **************
    PokerStars Game #6251522195: Hold'em No Limit ($5/$10) - 2006/09/11 - 17:53:25 (ET)
    Table 'Siegena IV' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 1: peeks33 ($1215.50 in chips)
    Seat 2: VaeSolis ($1213 in chips)
    Seat 3: george-gr ($925.10 in chips)
    Seat 4: Wenz3030 ($910 in chips)
    Seat 6: BirdBoy100 ($1185 in chips)
    blej leaves the table
    george-gr: posts small blind $5
    Wenz3030: posts big blind $10
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Wenz3030 [7s 2c]
    BirdBoy100: raises $30 to $40
    peeks33: folds
    VaeSolis: calls $40
    george-gr: folds
    Wenz3030: calls $30
    *** FLOP *** [7c 7d 7h]
    Wenz3030: checks
    BirdBoy100: bets $80
    VaeSolis: folds
    Wenz3030: calls $80
    *** TURN *** [7c 7d 7h] [Kc]
    Wenz3030: checks
    BirdBoy100: bets $200
    Wenz3030: calls $200
    *** RIVER *** [7c 7d 7h Kc] [Ks]
    Wenz3030: bets $590 and is all-in
    BirdBoy100: calls $590
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Wenz3030: shows [7s 2c] (four of a kind, Sevens)
    BirdBoy100: shows [Kh Kd] (four of a kind, Kings)
    BirdBoy100 collected $1863 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $1865 | Rake $2
    Board [7c 7d 7h Kc Ks]
    Seat 1: peeks33 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: VaeSolis (button) folded on the Flop
    Seat 3: george-gr (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 4: Wenz3030 (big blind) showed [7s 2c] and lost with four of a kind, Sevens
    Seat 6: BirdBoy100 showed [Kh Kd] and won ($1863) with four of a kind, Kings
  • Okay, that one hurt just READING it! Tough one to be sure.
  • Oh Man!! That is Unreal...I think it would be safe to say that is the worst beat I have ever heard of for sure, and I've definitely taken a few.....And by the way Special K, I was watching my buddy in a cash game a while ago on pokerstars, very similar situation. My friend had pocket aces and the flop came A-Q-Q, turn was a blank, river Q, the other guy had A-Q....Tell me that hand wasn't set-up!!
  • ....Tell me that hand wasn't set-up!!
    That hand wasn't set up.

/g2
  • Yeah that is a 989:1 shot. They are brutal... I saw one happen to a guy at my table in a tournament last night. All in on the flop... one player has TT the other 44, flop has a ten so the other guy needs the last two fours in the deck and gets them on the turn and river...

I've never lost to one of these yet but I expect it to happen at some point... everything does eventually...
  • Saw something similar. JJ vs 99. Flop J and turn/river were both 9s.
  • O.K. I know I should of folded to a raise with my (7,2)..... but I was taking a shot hoping to hit a good flop. When the (7,7,7) hit I had a strong feeling that he had a strong pair or A K. I wanted to slow play ... I wanted to take him for as much as I could. When the King came on the turn and he bet strong I was already counting the money. I remember thinking for a second he has pocket kings. So I just called again and I going all in on whatever came on the river. When the river came and it was another King I should of slowed down with my read I had on the turn. BUT I HAVE F&*$ing Quads. What are the odds of losing this hand 1 in 900+!!!

Now that I have ponder this hand for sooo long I think I could not of even drove him off the pot post flop. All the money was going in. What have I learned from all of this..... Basically nothing. I will play that hand the same way everytime I get it and I know most of you would too.

I wish pokerstars had a bad beat bonus ....
  • haddon wrote: »
    2/5NL @ MGM
    I have 1800 in front of me.
    He has 200.
    I took 600 off him the previous hand so I thought he was steaming and wanted to make him spin more...

This guy went all in with AA. I called with 32o.

Flop 332.
    Turn A.
    River 3.

That guy would love this thread. He is probably still mad about it.

I love that based on your read that he was steaming deuce tre became worth a call.
  • Brantford 2/5 over a year ago.

Me AA

three to the flop for three bets.

flop: AK2 rainbow

I bet, am raised, button calls two cold, I re raise, it's capped, button calls those two.

Turn: 2

I bet, am raised, Button now three bets, I cap, other player calls.

River: 2

I bet, middle calls, button raises, I just call.

Button shows J2, middle shows A9.

Of all the unlikely beats I have ever taken, this is the only one that ever really burned me. The kid who had J2 made some stupid comment to me, which prompted me to invite him outside for a lesson in poker etiquette. I haven't been in a fight since 5th grade, and am glad he didn't take me up on it.
  • dinobot wrote: »
    I love that based on your read that he was steaming deuce tre became worth a call.

I love that every post I make on this forum gets me more and more action.
    That hand wasn't set up.

/g2

I don't know about that, when you recieve enough loss when drawing dead, and that only happen at internet poker, never occure at live games, IT IS A SETUP.
    I remember at one of poker site, i comment on this due, if he work for the site, I got free invitation to aussie freerolle tournment next day.
    I know bad beat does happen, but it different then setup.
    my exprience at some poker site, there are player play with impossible odds hand, but they play like they know they are going to out draw you.
    once you get to showdown, and you see the hand they play, and think back how he play each step. if it's a fix, it's a fix.
    example
    blind 0.50/1
    me AA raise to 3.50
    player X raise to 5
    I call.
    FLOP A82
    i bet the pot $10
    player X raise to $20
    I rasie to put him all-in
    Player X all in
    I am thinking,the best, he has A8 or A2, the worse he has 88 or 22
    no matter, i am in very good position
    card flop over he has 2 7, i'm like ....what
    Turn 2...ok, i improve too
    River 2......i'm like whatz
    he play like he know he can't lose, this has to be fix
  • another hand
    not sure if this is bad beat or setup. you tell me
    i have QQ raise to $3
    everybody fold except BB call
    Flop
    Q33
    he bet $5
    I raise to $10
    he goes all in $50bux
    I call of of course
    cards are turn over
    he has A9
    turn 3
    River 3
    I LOST THE ALL-IN
    F**K
  • Hrm...

Guess that was mildly uncalled for

Mark
  • Come on Chuckie... you clearly got outplayed on BOTH of those hands.

/g2
    Come on Chuckie... you clearly got outplayed on BOTH of those hands.

/g2
    really.....???? maybe i'm too much of a fish to see it
    so if you got 27 and flop A82, and would you go allin?
    I know alot of bad beat is not a bad beat, it's just bad play to get outdrawn.
    i bet, reraise all-in, i give him no free card, and i make it expensive for him to see the turn and river. "I'M NOT GONNA FOLD PACKET As ON FLOP A82" i have the nuts.
    second case is somewhat in the middle.
    he could think i am bluffing, and his Ace high is still good, so i give it benifit of doubt. but first case, it has to be a setup.
  • What do you mean that is has to be a setup?

/g2