For anyone using PartyPoker

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hello, seems like a great site/forum on here... I am a new member, from Toronto.

I just had a quick question for anyone who uses PartyPoker. When you cash out, have you ever used the cheque by mail option? i.e. will that option work and they'll send a cheque to your Canadian address, or do I need to be a US resident?

Thanks... and also, PartyPoker is where I'm planning to start playing online. Does anybody have any huge objections to this?? I know there are a ton of sites out there, but I've heard some good things on this one.

I'm all ears. Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Tornado

Comments

• Nope, you can have it sent to a Canadian address...I've used the fedex/courier option on Absolute and Party and the cheque arrived within a few days right at my home.
  • Before you sign up with Party Poker, I highly recommend you do so through Pokersourceonline.com which can either give you free money to start your bankroll or give you additional gifts and/or cash along with a deposit on Party Poker.

Check them out. They are legit. I've been using Pokersourceonline for years.

pm me if you want a referral or have other questions.
  • someone has posted recently about party having 'issues' refunding the entry fee from a large tournament that was cancelled.

i would at least be cautious about putting any significant amount of money in there now until i had some reassurance. (unless you are planning to lose your money anyway then cashouts will not be an issue...)
  • The first online poker experience was through party poker / pso, and i withdrew via a cheque. It took pretty much the time they said it would take. I would use the withdraw to bank option, best exchange rate possible.
  • I started playing online poker at PartyPoker. It's just as good as anywhere else when you first start. You get lots of action, and there are a lot of options for different games there. I did the Pokersouceonline promo at PP for the free $75 and lost the whole thing my first day... of course I was a newbie that played very loose with free money, so I didnt care all that much... but just remember, there are other people playing on PP that think the same way. The place is crawling with fish.