Stay away from Paradise Poker!!!

Paradise used to rake hands at the rate of 1 point per $0.50 of rake and payout at a rate of $10 per 100 points, doable at the limit my bankroll allows($0.50/1.00-limit). I, along with most reloaded on their last promo for the max...well after playing for two hours today I checked my points and they had not moved. I email support to findout why they had not updated? This is the reply I got.
Any site that would do something as underhanded and shady as changing the requirements in mid-bonus for bonuses that are already in progress is, well, bullshit! I understand it's their right to change at any time but this should only be for forthcoming or new bonuses not ones already in progress!!!! Sure they say after a month it will go back to normal but still, this is serious :bs:
Who the F changes the rules mid-game?

Here's what they said:

"
Hello Eric ,
Thank you for your e-mail. We have change the way players earn the bonuses in order to accommodate a new promotion we are currently releasing. This new way to earn out the bonus is going to be effective during the next 30 days, after that it will be the same as always. You will receive an e-mail shortly regarding this promotion or you can click in the link for the promotion in the main lobby, if you can see the link in your lobby just re-start the paradisepoker client and the link will show under the table list.
During this period when Paradise Poker offers a bonus, the bonus you receive is deposited into the "Pending Credit" portion of your account.
For each raked game that you are dealt cards (minimum rake $1), you will earn one point. Every time you accumulate 100 points, Paradise Poker will refund $5 from your 'Pending Credit' account to your available balance until you have recovered the entire deposit bonus that was credited to your 'Pending Credit' account.
The link below provides you with specifics regarding our rake schedule and what a pot must reach in order for the game to be raked for $1 :
http://www.paradisepoker.com/real_money.html
In the case of single table tournaments, players will earn one point for every dollar paid in tournament fees. For example, in a $50 + $5 fee tournament, a player will be awarded five points. For 1-on-1 tournaments with less than a $1 fee, players will still get one point. In the case of multi-table tournaments, players will earn points equal to 10% of the value of their buy-in; fractional points will always be rounded up. For example, in the case of a $10 tournament, players will earn one point; while in the case of a $15 tournament, players will earn 1.5 points, which is always rounded up to an even two points. All points earned during tournament play will be applicable towards the pending bonuses.
IMPORTANT: Once your "Pending Credit" balance reaches zero, you will cease to accumulate further points until you are the recipient of an additional deposit bonus.

Regards, Antonio
Paradise Poker Support"

Comments

• Big E wrote: »
    This new way to earn out the bonus is going to be effective during the next 30 days, after that it will be the same as always.

I can understand your frustration, seeing as the bonus in process has had rules change in mid promotion, but at least it will be short term by the sounds of things.
  • It's because of there big 5K payday promo. Still it's incredibly hard to clear. I'd have done over $100 under the old rules instead of the current $40.
  • as far as I understand the terms revert back next month, I think the title of this thread is pretty unfair on Paradise, and in no way justified.
  • Fusion wrote: »
    as far as I understand the terms revert back next month, I think the title of this thread is pretty unfair on Paradise, and in no way justified.

I think it is totally justified, yes it will revert back to the old way in 30 days BUT I had to initiate contact with Paradise support before I was told that the structure had changed. Had I not done so I do not think I would have been informed, I know other Paradise users that still have not received an email stating that their current promo structure has been changed albeit temporarily. The point that it is temporary is moot, I could have wasted a lot of time and money playing for a bonus that is simply unreachable for someone playing the levels I'm playing. This is a serious SNAFU in my opinion, I wonder how much money they made off people multi-tabling their bonus only to find out after many hours of play that their hands are not raking due to the changes? Add the fact that they changed the requirements for ACTIVE promo's, this is a serious no-no. Go ahead and change the requirements for new or upcoming promo's all you want but don't screw with ones that are already in progress even if it's temporary. To me that is underhanded and deceitful.

I firmly believe it's the users responsibility to make sure they completely understand the structure of any bonuses they sign up for BUT those conditions should remain in tact until the end of the bonus and if they change it is up to the site to make the customer aware, they did not, they dropped the ball, they f-ed up so f-them. I have too many other good sites to play on then to waste time with Paradise...and I think the forum has a right to understand how Paradise does business.

All I said in the title was stay away from Paradise.....with all the choices for us out there, if you want to put your money on a site that would change things like this without warning or informing their customers then you're setting yourself up to be had....and considering how they're doing business it's totally fair and completely justified.

Paradise sucks.
  • fair enough, you have a point I suppose.