Anyone else get the Payday bonus @ Paradise

They put a 5k bonus in my account that I have 29 days to clear.
Here's the catch....you get 1 pt for each pot raked at $1 or more :(

I am a bit over break even at 1/2 but it looks like you have a better chance at the 2/4 game to make the rake requirement.

Is 2/4 that much of a leap from 1/2?

Comments

• In case you didn't notice it, this bonus is released $5 per 100 points (compared to the normal $10), so it'll cut your clearing rate in half.

I sure hope I get back the bonus I still had pending before this "gift" :(
  • Ya I noticed that after I posted beanie.
    Thx for letting me know.
  • I guess I better check my account and /or e mail

No e mail but 5K bonus in my account. Time to get cracking. I can put off my FCP bonus till later then.

I caught how the bonus clears when my first $5 cleared. I did a double take when only $5 cleared.
  • I play 2/4 there regularly, they put 10,000.00 in my account to clear. Why?
  • I got the 5k too. There is no way I'll clear it. But free money is free money.
  • Woot! Thanks for the post. I was bummed that I didn't get the free flight offer when I suddenly realized my Paradise account is linked to my new gmail account. And lo and behold, I got the free flight! and I got a $5k bonus.

My Christmas plans have suddenly changed!
  • I haven't gotten any extended bonus yet, maybe because I still had some points from the previous one to work off. I only had 54 more hands to go, but it seems that the new bonus rules apply to my old bonus. I was playing the .50/1 and didn't earn a large enough rake to earn a single point! LAME! Only good part to the night is that I doubled+ by buy-in at that table. It will take me a while however to build up a roll to jump to the 2/4 I think.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I am a bit over break even at 1/2 but it looks like you have a better chance at the 2/4 game to make the rake requirement.

Is 2/4 that much of a leap from 1/2?

I hadn't played at paradise in a long time. Play fairly tight 2/4 let them keep the rake up and you take in the cash. I played for a few hours last night 2 tabling and managed to take in a few hundred points. I didn't find the 2/4 that tough at all.
  • I found 10k in my account this morning :) Unfortunately I'm starting a basement reno this week and won't be able to take advantage of it....bummer :(
  • sigh....my account is empty of bonus...woe is me
  • lol they put 5k into mine. but no email. very strange promotion.

let's see, that's 100,000 hands raked at $1 or more over the next 30 days. considering i haven't played ONE cash game there EVER, i'd have to say not bloody likely...
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    lol they put 5k into mine. but no email. very strange promotion.

let's see, that's 100,000 hands raked at $1 or more over the next 30 days. considering i haven't played ONE cash game there EVER, i'd have to say not bloody likely...

Ah come on man...it's only 3333 hands/day. :D
  • can i 6-table at paradise? that would only be, like 10hrs a day then...
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    can i 6-table at paradise? that would only be, like 10hrs a day then...
    No - only 4 tables at a time...
  • I don't suspect Paradise truly expects MANY to clear the ENTIRE bonus, but it's still free money being released into your account just for playing.

I guess I don't qualify THIS time, but if it were there, I would still play it, clear what I could in the next 30 days, and say thanks for the freebies!
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    I don't suspect Paradise truly expects MANY to clear the ENTIRE bonus, but it's still free money being released into your account just for playing.

I guess I don't qualify THIS time, but if it were there, I would still play it, clear what I could in the next 30 days, and say thanks for the freebies!

I'm clearing 20 a day so that's fine by me.
  • I've noticed a significant tightening up in the last 24 hours at paradise. Looks like my clearance rate is slowing down.
  • You'll notice that during this rediculous Payday promo ALL EXISTING PROMO's adopted the new payout format. 1 point per $1 rake and paying out at $5 per 100 points...just plain stupid! I have had numerous emails back and forth to Paradise. It is simply unacceptable to change the requirements for a promo WHILE IT IS ACTIVE. :mad:

After wasting almost 2 hours without raking a point I emailed support thinking they were not updating properly and was told they changed the rake system...but only for 30 days...grrr! Go F yourself Paradise.

After some nasty banter I got $15 free and the offer to email them when I rake 100 points and they will give me $10 instead of $5....I asked them how I am supposed to rake at $0.50/1.00 when you need $1.00 of rake for 1 point, they have not replied to that one yet? :D

I call :bs: on Paradise....and I pulled all my money out!
  • Well, well, well...guess what I just got.

So lets see...online 8hrs per day, for 25 days, at the new rake system...hmmmmmm, will have to play like six 2/4 tables at once I think to clear this one in time.

May have to cancel Christmas.