Hand Analysis

Hey Guys,

Can you give me your thoughts on what move I should make here?

PokerStars Game #6838831316: Tournament #34845862, $25+$2 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2006/10/31 - 07:18:31 (ET)
Table '34845862 1' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: korn999 (2214 in chips)
Seat 2: chaval (1590 in chips)
Seat 4: lostpark (2560 in chips)
Seat 5: prodigenous (1155 in chips)
Seat 8: B0NEYARD (2895 in chips)
Seat 9: ollaa (3086 in chips)
ollaa: posts small blind 100
korn999: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to korn999 [As 5d]
ollaa said, "nh"
chaval: folds
lostpark: folds
prodigenous: folds
B0NEYARD: folds
ollaa: raises 200 to 400
B0NEYARD said, "ty"
korn999: calls 200
*** FLOP *** [5c 4c Ac]
ollaa: checks

Thanks

Comments

• Just to add.... The read on this guy is that he likes to play a wide range of hands when he makes small raises but usually makes substantial raises with big hands..
  • bet 500. take down the pot now.
  • Bet the pot. Make him pay to fill his flush, if he hasn't got it already, kinda doubt he does. If he calls, and the turn is a brick, bet pot again.

Winning a small pot is better than risk losing a big one on a drawing hand.
  • Yea.. you bet here, three reasons

A: See where you're at
    B: Punish the draw
    C: Take down the pot now

I bet.. probably 600...

Just as an aside, I probably would have re-popped him pre-flop...

Mark
  • I'd bet but not really for any of the reasons drtyore said except B. I'm betting because it gets the most money in the pot with likely the best hand.

A. We probably have the best hand but if we don't we're never getting away from it.
    B. Betting gets the most money from a drawing hand and lets him call incorrectly.
    C. I don't necessarily want to take down the pot now I'm fine with him getting lots of money in the pot incorrectly.

In conclusion, I'm sorry he flopped a flush.
  • SirWatts wrote: »
    In conclusion, I'm sorry he flopped a flush.
    na. he's got a pp with a flush draw. and buddy let him draw out cheap
  • First let me say you guys are the best thats why I love posting here. One day if I keep playing and reading I might be able to hold a candle to some of the guys here....

Back to the hand..

From what you guys are saying i think I played this right for once ..lol

korn999: bets 800
    ollaa: raises 1886 to 2686 and is all-in

Now what?
  • He probabbly has something like AK with k of diamonds, or even KK with the diamond depending on his style of play. Why is he raising pre and then checking to you. He must have hit the flop decent to check after the flop. If he did flop a flush i beleive he would check call here, and check raise the turn or maybe even a small reraise on the flop. You are probabbly a slight fav. go for it. Im guessing he has 9-11 outs.
  • Instacall the push of course.
  • Call. Hope to pair the board if he had the flush
  • This is a tough spot, I like your bet on the flop - on that kind of board you just want to take the pot down there. The way he played this hand is very suspicious - I would put him on A/x(x=K/Q/J) with the flush draw. I don't see any other hand he would check-raise on this board. Hes raising 1886 into 2400 but you only have 1000 left behind so 1000 into 2400. I think you have to go with this hand, blinds are too big to play a stack of 1000 and your probably racing anyway. Best case this guy is trying to move on you with a very scary board, most likely your about 53% to take it down and worst case your 17%... you have to call.
  • i think the most likely holding for this guy is AK or AQ with the flush draw... you definately have to call his push here.
  • Thanks everyone for your input. I just want to make sure I am making the correct moves when I am losing..

If you are interested he had Qc 8h I still cant believe he came over the top with this hand I was thinking he had a big A with the flush draw...But anyway he hit his flush on the turn with the 8c and I didnt improve.

Cheers,
    Mike
  • DrTyore wrote: »

Just as an aside, I probably would have re-popped him pre-flop...

Told you!! If he calls a re-raise with this trash, well, he "earned" that win.

Mark
  • Sooner or later I am going to go back to winning these hands right? :P
  • fatboy wrote: »
    Sooner or later I am going to go back to winning these hands right? :P

ummmmmm yea, sure, okay