FossilMan all-in and covered only once at WSOP

From the PokerStars chat at todays WCOOP event:
FossilMan: I was all-in and could've been busted only once

I found that amazing.

ScottyZ

Comments

• It is quite amazing.

In my opinion, that is one of the major keys to tournament play.
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    From the PokerStars chat at todays WCOOP event:

I found that amazing.

ScottyZ
    interesting :spade:
  • Sounds like fossil's been hanging with Vince. lmao
  • I hate to nit pick about old posts, however, he actually was all in and coverd twice. Once against Mike the Mouth, and the othe against Marcel Luske.

But still very impressive.
  • This is my mistake. Being "all-in and covered only once" is not the same thing as what FossilMan actually said.

ScottyZ
  • I kinda like his glasses ... not sure why someone would be intimidated by them.
  • What does "all-in and covered" mean anyway. He pushed all-in against someone that had more chips?
  • AcesFull wrote:
    What does "all-in and covered" mean anyway. He pushed all-in against someone that had more chips?

To have someone covered means you have more chips than them.

I was just trying to paraphrase what Raymer had said:
    FossilMan: I was all-in and could've been busted only once

but I wasn't quite accurate.

Based on Raymer's statement, I should have said something like he was "all-in, another player with more chips was also all-in, and the opponent was not drawing dead..."

He may very well have pushed all-in several times into larger stacks who subsequently folded, or been all-in and covered on other occasions where the opponent(s) had no outs.

Also, this may be the case:
    ...however, he actually was all in and coverd twice. Once against Mike the Mouth, and the othe against Marcel Luske.

I don't know myself. I was just going by what Raymer had said in the chat.

ScottyZ
  • I think I can make the same claim... except, I got busted.