Tourney Bubble Hand

44 left 40 pays I'm approx 20th at this point. What is your play here with 2 red A's? Push, smooth call , min raise back?

Seat 2: lmw84 ($7,248 in chips) Seat 3: MERLIN95 ($13,535 in chips) Seat 4: Acidjoe0 ($9,780 in chips) Seat 5: lillau3917 ($9,694 in chips) Seat 7: Gerald P. ($14,313 in chips) Seat 8: flodo66 ($27,306 in chips) Seat 9: Leikari ($14,625 in chips) Seat 10: heide-1980 ($5,805 in chips) spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifANTES/BLINDS
flodo66 posts blind ($400), Leikari posts blind ($800).

PRE-FLOP
heide-1980 folds, lmw84 bets $2,000, MERLIN95 folds, Acidjoe0 ????

Comments

• Is there any doubt?

Reraise ALL IN!
  • popular demand? i must have missed the 'hue and cry'

lousy position. shortish stack. you don't really want others coming in behind you. just push and take what's already there.
  • I agree pushing here is the best play. Any re-raise is almost half your stack and the other play should know that. I wouldn't fancy play here. Push and take the 3200 in chips since he is probably folding. If not you are way ahead. So giddy up!
  • Really need to have an idea of the payout structure before commenting.

If it is a 40 seat sattelite then just roll your eyes and fold since you can only not make it by playing a hand.

If it is a flat payout schedule where top positions earn a larger then normal percentage of the winnings then I would go for the call/push flop or shove if someone else raises approach and be ready to give up the hand postflop if its a crazy scary flop (ie KKQ all black cards). The Party weekly Monster tournaments (before they poofed) were a perfect example of this since the final table paid so much more then other spots it was worth trying to get your stack as large as possible when you could, even if that involved passing on a likely sure thing smaller pot.

If it is a standard payout schedule I would do a large raise about half my stack (effectively all in for initial raiser) and accept any other action that comes by.
  • just shove it in... that's really your only option, it shouldn't matter that you are on the bubble.
  • I did shove it in.... I felt it was the best play and everyone folded. I was asking to see if everyone felt that way. I wondered later if I could have gotten more money out of the hand. I ended up going on to finish 6th. I guess if I had gotten tricky it was a case of losing a large pot with AA to picking up a smallish one.

Thanx
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    I guess if I had gotten tricky it was a case of losing a large pot with AA to picking up a smallish one.

BINGO! Well said, Joe.

Congrats on the finish.

Johnnie