LHE Hand

pretty standard 6max game... no special reads

PokerStars Game #6778830555: Hold'em Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2006/10/26 - 16:47:17 (ET)
Table 'Sternberga' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: houdoe ($15.25 in chips)
Seat 2: awdtalon21 ($23.05 in chips)
Seat 3: thebigugs ($26.05 in chips)
Seat 4: Try2W1N ($27.95 in chips)
Seat 5: golfnut1 ($35.75 in chips)
Seat 6: rk0598 ($10.25 in chips)
awdtalon21: posts small blind $0.25
thebigugs: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to thebigugs [8s 8d]
Try2W1N: folds
golfnut1: raises $0.50 to $1
rk0598: folds
houdoe: folds
awdtalon21: calls $0.75
thebigugs: calls $0.50
*** FLOP *** [Tc 8h Ks]
awdtalon21: checks
thebigugs: checks
golfnut1: bets $0.50
awdtalon21: calls $0.50
thebigugs: raises $0.50 to $1
golfnut1: calls $0.50
awdtalon21: calls $0.50
*** TURN *** [Tc 8h Ks] [Jd]
awdtalon21: checks
thebigugs: bets $1
golfnut1: raises $1 to $2
awdtalon21: calls $2
thebigugs: calls $1
*** RIVER *** [Tc 8h Ks Jd] [2s]
awdtalon21: bets $1
thebigugs: calls $1
golfnut1: raises $1 to $2
awdtalon21: raises $1 to $3
thebigugs: thoughts??

thoughts on the hole hand would be helpful... on the turn i think i got confused...

and the more i look at this the more confused i get

Comments

• Preflop: Against most open raising ranges in 6 max, I'd probably 3 bet here headsup. With the SB cold call, I don't hate the flat call to see what the flop brings.

Flop: I think I'm more inlined to donk-3 bet here.

Turn: This is where I get confused. I don't see why you aren't 3 betting this. I think the whole hand plays out much simpler if you raise the turn. The pfr is often enough "trapping" with AA, AK, KQ, or KJ that you're ahead here, he doesn't have to have KK, JJ, TT or AQ. If he caps, then I'm probably into calldown mode, but if he just calls, you're ahead.

River: A donkbet on a brick. He may have 2 pair, that card didn't help him unless he has exactly 22. I'm really lost on the river when the pfr is still raising and the donkbettor actually 3 bets. I'd guess your ahead of the donkbet, but the pfr worries me. You're getting about 9:1 here. Without reads I can't really see folding this. Too many 6 max players overplay 2 pair and overpairs that I'm not confident enough that you're actually beat. I make a crying calldown here without reads. If I knew the pfr wouldn't raise the river here without either the nuts or a bigger set, I MIGHT be able to lay it down (considering he's apt to cap). But without a read, I'm showing this down.
  • i was hoping for more analysis here...
  • specialK wrote: »
    i was hoping for more analysis here...
    Sorry - don't play much limit or short-handed. For what it's worth, I'd re-raise pre-flop, since you probably have the best hand. Once you flop the set, I'd put raise every possible opportunity the rest of the hand...