multi-table sitngos

i recently played a 5+1 multi-table sitngo at partypoker and was very disappointed by its value. i was just playing for the experience but the payout structure seemed strange, top 5 got paid and 1st place got only 30%. now playing a 2 hour approx. tournament with 30 other players is a huge amount of variability, so even if you do in fact end up winning you don't win that much. i was lucky enough to walk off with the main prize of $45. all i could think of was why didn't i play a 10+1 single table sitngo!

i say stick to the single table sitngos and leave the multis to the fish, they'll just eat each other up.

Comments

• ya i played in a couple 30+3 30 man sng's on party...and i noticed the same thing....the payout structure doesnt make sense...the money jumps by the same amount from 5th to 4th and so on...i finished in 5th taking a chance partly because of that, i figured 'why not, i hit the money, might as well try to get huge chips now since the payout increases linearly'
  • I pretty much these days stick to the 9 player Sit and Go's on stars, if I am going to play multi-table I play tourney. Since if you do well the payout is worth it.

I always hated the sit and gos on party because of the number of starting chips they give you. 800 is tough, and with blinds increasing every 10 hands it is hard to make any headway if you are not getting the cards.
  • I tried a MT SNG once and just didn't like it for some reason. Never played one again, nor will I...