New reality for Canadian Online Poker Players

I get the distinct feeling I'm being sucked up to. Anyone ever get a more enthusiastic letter from support? Eight exclamation marks and only one period!!!!!!!!

Great playing, Robert!

I wanted to congratulate you on winning a Celebrity Bounty by knocking HP Model: Misty Woods out of the Hollywood Poker Celebrity Classic on Sunday! If you check your account, you will notice that I have already deposited $25 cash. Now you have an incentive to try again next week!

Remember that Hollywood Poker hosts the Hollywood Poker Celebrity Classic every Sunday afternoon at 2pm EST, so be sure to stop by and pit your skills against some more celebrities!

Again, congratulations Robert! It’s always great to see such fabulous playing at the tables! Thanks for being a part of the Hollywood Poker Celebrity Classic! Can’t wait to see you in action again!

Comments

• They love us...they really really love us!!
    ;)
  • Sorry, not enough exclamation points!!!!!!!!
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    They love us...they really really love us!!
    ;)

ROFL ---You must be old!!!
  • cadillac wrote: »
    ROFL ---You must be old!!!

Christ, Cadillac...not THAT old!!!!
  • I'm certainly not old.. and even I know that is from Sally Field's oscar acceptance speech.. "you like me... you really really like me"... although that isn't actually what she said, it is however how it is often misremembered... the real speech was more along the lines of

"I haven't had an orthodox career, and I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!"

see - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Field

Cheers.
  • I'm only kidding about you being old ACE. But please, pass the prunes!

And Dave:

Could you please provide some more context in reference to this infamous mis-quote?

Caddy
  • CanadaDave wrote: »
    Blah blah blah old.. Blah blah blah Sally Field's blah blah blah.. "you like me... you really really like me"... blah blah blah
    blah blah blah blah

You quoted Sally Field in a poker forum. I have lost whatever respect I may have had for you.